Chapter 12

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Ellies POV*
My date with Demi tonight went really well. Wait- was it a date? Or was it just dinner? What are Demi and I? Dating? Friends who have feelings for each other and kiss occasionally? Girlfriends? I don't know what we are. I put our leftovers in her fridge and when I turn around, Demi is nowhere in sight.

"Demi where did you go?" I ask, taking off her sandals.

"Upstairs." She replies. I follow the sound of her voice and find her in her bedroom. She has her hair in a messy bun and is wearing shorts and a tank top. "Here." She says, handing me a folded shirt and bottoms. "You can change in my en-suite."

"Demi I-" I say but Demi cuts me off "-I'll be in the theatre." She says, pecking my cheek before exiting her room. I glance over at her clock on her bedside table. I have an early shift tomorrow at Richie's and its already late. I'd hate to be late again. So far I've been arriving at least 10 minutes early for my shifts. I would hate to start being late now. I sigh. I guess an hour or so won't hurt.

After changing into Demi's sleepwear, I accompany her to the theatre room. Supergirl. Of course.

"You know, by this rate, we will have watched every episode in no time." I joke, taking a seat next to her. She lifts up her blanket, exposing her bare legs. I reposition myself, arm around her waist, leaning my head on her shoulder. She wraps the blanket around me. I breathe in her perfume. She does not smell like her regular vanilla self. Instead her scent is more floral and seductive. Her arms get tighter around my waist. She starts to move her hand down a little, stopping at the hem of my shirt.

"What do you think you're doing, Ms. Lovato?" I giggle in her ear.

"Holding you in my arms." She says, kissing my forehead.

I lift my head up to meet her eyes. "And what am I to you?" I ask seriously.

Her grip around my body loosens a bit, her arms staying still on my hips. "What do you mean?" She asks.

"I mean what are we? Are we dating?" I asks just above a whisper. Demi adjusts herself so she is facing me directly.

"What do you want to be?" She asks, searching my eyes for an answer. I don't respond. I don't know what I want. These feelings for her are so new and fresh. I don't want to ruin a potentially good thing. Demi can see my internal crisis in my eyes. She takes my hands in hers. "Ellie, will you give me a chance and be my girlfriend?" She asks, staring deep into my blue eyes.

Struggling to find the right words, I let my body do the talking. I lean in slowly, capturing her bottom lip between mine. The kiss is soft and sweet. Neither of us are fighting for dominance. Her left hand makes it way to my hair while her right hand rests on the bottom of my shirt, her pinky finger slipping under my shirt, rubbing my abdomen. My hands make their way to her neck, resting on either side of her shoulders. She licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance. That's when I pull away.

"I should get going." I say, removing my hands from her neck.

"Why?"

"I have an early shift tomorrow." I say.

"Well you can stay here." she offers.

"I appreciate the offer but Marissa and I carpool  on our work days together."

"Okay, okay." Demi gives in. "At least let me drive you home since your car is at your house."

-Next morning-

"So what is going on with you and Demi?" Marissa asks, pulling out of our parking garage.

After making our relationship official last night, we never talked about being open to the public about it. However, Marissa is not just anybody. She's Demi's best friend. Surely Demi has opened up about us to her. Right?

"What do you mean?" I ask obliviously.

"Oh come on, you two have been spending way too much time together lately." She says handing a customer his latte. "I think you spend more time with her than I do."

"Seriously, Maris, there is nothing going on." I say. "Demi and I are just friends."  I demand, letting a small smile creep upon my lips.

"Mhmm, whatever you say." She says.