A Night With Styles

Start from the beginning

He pointed into a small door at the left of the office. It was a bathroom. I took my clothes off and put the ugly dungaree on. I leaned down to grab my stuff when my cellphone started vibrating inside my jeans “Harry,” I sighed in relief.

“Everything alright, babe? H x.”

“Yes, I’m fine…How are you? I can’t keep on with the texts, I’m supposed to be dressing up…they’ll notice” I texted back

“I know me too…I’m so sorry Jenny. This is my entire fault.”

“Don’t blame yourself :) see ya in a few hours.”

“:) I Love you.”

When I read his last text, all I could do was smile. He told me he loved me…even if it was through a message…it felt so surreal but somehow really special. The police started knocking the door, “What are you doing in there!?” I shook my head and smiled one more time before going out. I opened the door and walked all the way to The General, I gave him my stuff “Why you took so long, Miss. Thompson?” he asked, I remained silence. I couldn’t stop thinking on Harry’s text, “Miss Thompson!” he shouted.

“Yes Sir!” I shouted back

He rolled his eyes “We are not in the army, Miss.”

“I know, I’m sorry”

He smiled, “Do not worry…that’s your cell for tonight enjoy the…rocky view” he joked and walked away as I entered the cell.

I sat on the small bed and looked around. I seriously can’t do anything in here…I lay down and started thinking. 

When you’re young, life’s believed in imagination, it’s about running barefoot and jumping in the rain. It’s about happiness and the little material things such as toys, and flowers. It’s about watching the rainbow appear after a monsoon. While you’re growing older you notice that life’s not all about imagination. It’s about what shoe fits me best, and put yourself in someone else’s. Caring about others, while trying to be noticed by the person you love. You notice that life is a challenge, and you realize that with every challenge comes an equal opportunity. Because, bad things will happen, but we must never let the sadness of our past, and the fear of our future, ruin the happiness of our present, right? Life is about being careful when a monsoon comes up, and find an umbrella to cover; it’s about the big material things that money can buy without a meaning. Being immature with your friends, but mature enough to be in a relationship, because if you decide to be in a relationship, it’s because you are ready to be happy, to smile, to laugh, to make good memories with someone else, not to constantly be upset, to be hurt, and to cry…it’s about being a good, and comprehensive person, but at the same time not letting others use you. So if you ask me what is life all about now, I would say, life is about dreaming. You never know when your life would make a 180° turn, and you’ll end up being a famous musician…a famous actress…or writer…Life is about never giving up on your dreams, because the best dreams happen when you’re awake…and now I realize that I was awake when Harry told me he liked me, but…how could he? I’ve always thought that, if someone is going to fall in love with me, it’s only fair that they know what are they falling in love with…falling in love with my insecurities, and my obsession with trying to figure out what everyone thinks of me. Falling in love with my immaturity; my constant need to feel loved, and appreciated; my overactive tear ducts; my internet-twitter obsession. They will fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. If HE falls in love with me, he’ll fall in love with my self-hate and my imperfections, and my perception that nobody could ever love me. But, he is also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I’m with him; the way I’ll text him in the mornings just telling, ‘I hope you have a great day.’ He is falling in love with the occasionally humorous and though-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about him. But to me, the most important thing will be that Harry is falling in love with…is with me…despite my thinking that it’s impossible.