Chapter 19

Chu Meiying's pov

We arrived the palace without injuries. A lot of things happened today. Especially four men who tried to kill us and the man who shot them. Seems like someone is after my life. Again that stupid cycle came back to me.

"Ying'er,what's wrong? You keep sighing 6 times."

"Nothing. Just thinking about my life. It would be great if I was born as normal girl. So I can do anything I want. I want to be free like bird"

"My only wish is your happiness. Just like we first met,I will say those words again. In my entire life,only you will become my master,sister and family." Xiao Xin said firmly.

"What did I do to get a good person like you? I'm really lucky"

I still remember the time we first met.

Flashback

Third person's pov

The 8 years old young girl with white hanfu was holding the man's hand with blue robes. They are walking around the market.

"General Uncle,the market is really crowded. Ah,they have also many sweets"

Young Chu Meiying looked around the market with excitement.

The general chuckled at the young girl's smile. He knew very well about her since she's the daughter of his old friend's sister. The siblings lost their family since they were young. Their relatives took over the household forcefully by taking advantage of their age. His old friend died at battle and the sister was forced to become emperor's concubine. So he took care of the young girl like his own daughter.

When they reached one place,they saw people are crowding. Chu Meiying got curious and asked her general uncle to watch.

When they finally see why people are crowding,one man was selling the young girl who seems same age as Chu Meiying.
The little girl wore very old and dirty dress and her face is expressionless.

"My family is poor and I have to look after my sick wife and the baby. Can anyone help me to buy her to be your maid?" The middle aged man said pitifully.

Chu Meiying saw the young girl who is same age like her was standing beside her father quietly. Her face doesn't show fear or sadness.

"Uncle,I want that girl"

"Why,Ying'er?" The general asked with curious.

"She's really pity. Also I don't have friends so I want her to be my friend."

The General smiled at the young girl's words and bought the girl as she wished.

The general paid for the girl and Young Chu Meiying looked at the girl with smile. The other girl looked at Chu Meiying's dress and knew that her clothes are really looked expensive and thought she's a young miss from some wealthy household.

She looked at her(CMY) face and shocked somehow. There's no arrogant expression on her face unlike other young misses. Her big eyes are looking at her with curiosity.

"Hey,what's your name?"asked Chu Meiying.

"Xiao Xin." The other girl answered.

"Then,can I call you Xin'er?"

Chu Meiying couldn't wait to be friend with the girl in front of her.

Xiao Xin nodded unconsciously.

"Great. Then,Xin'er. Will you be friend of mine?"

Again,Xiao Xin was shocked when she heard the question. She thought this girl bought her to be her servant. She couldn't refuse she saw the girl in front of her is looking with hope in her eyes.