Chapter 14

Third person's pov
As request from Ye Hwa and Huiling, Meiying went to Huiling's chamber everyday and taught her everything she knew. Huiling was extremely happy when she came because whenever her tutor came she became boring and don't understand what she is talking about compare to Meiying.

After tutoring,Meiying taught her how to attract Li Jie since Huiling is in love with him. She would invite him whenever they go to garden and make Huiling to play zither for him. At first,Huiling is really embarassed but under the strict rules of Meiying she didn't have no choice but to follow.

But thanks to Meiying,Li Jie became notice her and gave her attention and praise her a lot. Empress Dowager and Concubine Xu are really happy about Huiling's improvement.

They became love Meiying more and more. All servants also love her kindness and willing to serve. Whenever Meiying dance or play,they always look at her from afar with admiration. When they saw many butterflies surrounded her, they named her butterfly fairy. And Ye Hwa came to her chamber often to play chess.

When he can't he would summon her to come to his chamber. Whenever with her,he forgot politics and his position.

That news reach to two concubines' ears. As soon as they heard that,they became jealous.

"That evil witch. Why her? Why emperor only visit to her? Not us" Concubine Lu said with anger and jealous. The maids were shaking in fear while standing beside them. They don't dare to move if they did they will face their wrath. Especially Concubine Lu.

Concubine Lu Mei Shu is only daughter of minister of provision. Her father fulfill her wishes and give everything whatever she wanted. Her mother died after giving birth to her and the only thing he has left is his daughter. So he spoiled her a lot.

"Sister Lu,please control yourself" Concubine Li warned her.

Concubine Li Xiu Ying is daughter of minister of education. Unlike Concubine Lu,spoiled brat,she has calm and beautiful face.In others eyes,she's beautiful and innocent maiden but under that face she's poisonous and cruel woman. She is a woman who will eliminate the enemy who get in her way silently. She also jealous that the emperor's visit to Concubine Chu but she doesn't show obviously. She's thinking millions ways of killing Chu Meiying in her mind.

"Sister Li,let's make her know to know her place"

"Be patient. I have a plan"Concubine Li said with cruel eyes.

At Emperor's chamber
Meiying was playing chess with Ye Hwa while she was talking about Huiling's situation.

"Huiling improved a lot these days. In the past,whenever she doesn't want to study she would escape and hide somewhere."Ye Hwa said.

"It depends on teacher's skills. She needs to understand what her student thinking otherwise no matter how much she skilled it's useless." Meiying said while moving her chess to other place.

Ye Hwa smiled after moving his chess to other place and said "victory is mine".

"I'm lost,your majesty" Meiying turned to window and saw it's already night. The moon was shining brightly with stars in the black sky.

"Moon is so bright tonight."

"Let's go" Ye Hwa said while getting up.

"Where?" Meiying looked at him in confusion.

"For walk" he said and offered his hands to take hers.
Meiying stared at the hand in front of her for a moment and then placed her slender white hands slowly in his hands.
This is the first time they are holding hands.
'Her hands are really soft like silk'Ye Hwa thought.

'This man. When we first met,he told me never talk or look at him. Later he told me to look at him when talking. Now he is holding my hand. Really weird' Meiying thought. Before going,he ordered servants not to follow them.
All servants shock when devil emperor was holding Butterfly fairy's hand.
As soon as the couple disappeared,they gossipped.
"Am I seeing things? Emperor was holding Concubine Chu's hand."Servant 1 said.
"I think I woke up from wrong side this morning." Servant2 said.
All of them gossipped until they heard fake cough from behind.
All turned around and saw Eunuch Bojing and Prince Li Jun. They bowed immediately and greeted them.
"All of you,leave" Bojing ordered and the servants were left.
Two men faced the path where the couple left.
"I never thought that devil brother of mine will never fall in love."Li Jun said with sigh.
"Yes, ever since he was child he faced a lot of torments with empress dowager. Before she become empress, she faced a lot of troubles. Her mother-in-law,previous empress and other concubines tried to kill her and Ye Hwa. Their sons bullied them a lot and framed them. Except your mother and Princess Huiling's mother."
"When he fell in love first time,he was betrayed by HER."Li Jun said with hatred.

"Well,she got what she deserve. Ever since he caught her cheating on him, he swore to never fall in love. But since that princess arrived, he changed a lot. He would go to her chamber when he felt bored or have meal with her."

"Well, I think he found the one he really love this time."

"I hope so" Bojing thought while looking up the moon.
The couple both head to royal garden. Ye Hwa pulled Meiying to stones beside lotus lake.
"Sit here"he ordered.
Meiying shooked her head.
"I can't"
"Why?"
"Because I think it was inappropriate to sit together with you."
"It wasn't inappropriate. Come here"he gestured her.
Meiying sat beside him quietly and looked at lotus lake.
There was a long silence between them and none of them started yet.
Ye Hwa pulled out a small wooden box from his sleeves and gave to her.
"Here,this is for you"

"Huh? Oh,thank you"Meiying took from him and opened. Inside the box,there was a beautiful hairpin.

"You are giving me this?" Meiying looked at him in curious

"You are giving me this?" Meiying looked at him in curious. This is the first time she got present from someone apart from Xaoi Xin, her uncle general and her nanny. Her heart is filled with happiness.

Ye Hwa nodded and turned the other way. Her way of looking at him with those eyes made him think she was cute.
"Thank you"Meiying smiled genuinely. Ye Hwa's mind went blank for a moment. Since this is the first time he see her smiling to him. He saw her smiling with others but she stayed quiet in front of him. At that time he felt something he never have before. Totally different from his first time.
Meiying pulled out hairpin and tried to put on her hair.
Ye Hwa grabbed from her which made Meiying curious on what he will do next.

"I will help you"he said and placed a hairpin on her raven hair. It really surprise her.

"It really suits you" Ye Hwa said which made Meiying blush.
"T-thanks for giving me. But why?"

"Well, when I went outside of palace,I found this and thought it suits you. Nothing special"Ye Hwa said.

"Thank you again for this,your majesty"

"When we are alone,call me by my name"he doesn't like when she call him in formal way.
"Huh? But-"
"No buts. Just call my name when we are alone" Ye Hwa cut her off.
"Then......Y-Y-Ye Hwa"Meiying whispered sofltly.
When she called him by his name,he felt happiness and relief.
"That's better"Ye Hwa smiled while looking up the moon.