Y/n observed the other's expression with care and raised a brow. He noticed that Michael seemed to be upset though it confused him since that was a rare sight. He wanted to ask the other man what was wrong but he decided to stay quiet instead.

A few minutes later, Michael pulled over into a parking lot and turned the car off before he got out; y/n did the same. They didn't wait long before both of them started sprinting through the rain towards the nearest building there was. Michael grabbed the door handle and opened the door, letting the boy go in first.

"I hate running." Y/n whined as he tried to catch his breath, making it pretty obvious that the boy wasn't a fan of sport. The older man rolled his eyes as he closed the door and pushed the boy away from the entrance, further into what seemed to be a small shop.

The boy looked around and his e/c eyes widened immediately. They were standing in an art shop; huge canvases were lined up against a cream coloured wall; smaller ones were leaning against them. A giant shelf with paintbrushes and acrylic colours stood on the opposite side.
More shelfs were lined up in the room, creating a few aisles

The shop itself was plane; the floor was made out of darker wood, which the boys assumed were probably dark oak planks. Other than the tubes of paint, there was nothing colourful, which gave the shop a boring but also quite interesting aura.

The smell of new colours and wood mixed together was spread across the room. Y/n took a deep breath and smiled softly as he slowly walked down one aisle. Michael followed him slowly; he observed every small movement the boy made.

It amused him to see that y/n could get excited over things like the ones in this shop but it also satisfied him to know that he could actually get the boy something that would make him happy.

"Pick something." Y/n heard the older man say, before he disappeared into another aisle. The boy looked around like a lost puppy and sighed.
He hated it when others wanted to buy him something, because he knew he could probably never give them anything in return. So instead of picking something, like Michael told him to, he just awkwardly stood still in the middle of the aisle, waiting for the older man to come back so they could leave.

But that didn't happen.

It felt like an eternity for y/n, though he didn't want to move or look for Michael. He knew that, what he was doing at that moment, was quite stupid but he just continued standing there, patiently waiting for his lover.

As he did so, his eyes wandered through the shelfs and observed the stuff that was lying on them.
That's when something caught his eye; a small sketchbook, with a dark brown and leathery cover and a small golden pattern engraved into it, was leaning against a small canvas.

He took it without realising and let his fingertips carefully slide over it.
The sketchbook wasn't very expensive, but he still didn't want Michael to buy anything for him, though it wasn't like he could have had the chance to ask him to; as soon as he wanted to put it back, the older man appeared out of nowhere and grabbed it out of his hands before he walked over to the cashier.

The boy didn't say anything, instead he just watched Michael pay for the sketchbook and waited for him to come over again.

As soon as the older man paid he grabbed a small paper bag, with the sketchbook in it, and hid it under his coat before he walked to the boy and pushed him towards the door without a word.

"Where are we going now?" Y/n asked after Michael opened the door for him and they went outside, waiting under the small part of the roof that went over the edge of the building.
It was still raining and they were sure that it wouldn't stop anytime soon.
"Getting coffee." Was the only thing the older man said before he grabbed y/n's hand and started running.

The boy stumbled over his own feet at first and had trouble with keeping up but they eventually made it to a small coffee shop.

It was similar to the one they went to before, though this time it looked more like a library than a café; there were bookshelves everywhere, filled with every genre anyone could think of. Even a few comic books were neatly lined up on the top shelf.

There were only three tables; at one of them sat two elderly women, gossiping about their neighbours while the other tables were empty.
Michael let the boy pick where they should sit while he put their coats on the coat hanger near the door.

The women stopped talking for a second and observed the other two before they started whispering into each others ears, while Michael walked over to the table y/n picked out.

It annoyed him that they weren't alone at the moment, especially because there were old people next to them. In his mind he had killed them already three times, in three different ways and it made him sad that he couldn't do it in real life without upsetting the boy and risking that they get caught.

While Michael continued thinking about how he would kill them, if he could, y/n took the menu and read through it, debating whether he should order coffee or hot chocolate.

Not long after, a waiter came to their table to take their orders. The man had styled light blonde hair, a few strains hung in his face, covering one of his brown eyes. He in general was pretty skinny, though he had wide shoulders and very noticeable, muscular arms.

He pulled out a small notebook and a pencil, waiting patiently for both of them to pick what they wanted.
Y/n chose hot chocolate while Michael straight up ordered an espresso.

"It won't take long." The young man said after he wrote everything down, smiling softly at the boy before he glanced at the other man.
His smile faltered as soon as they made eye contact and he froze for a second before turning around on his heels and speed-walking behind the counter. Y/n raised a brow, clearly confused at the waiter's behaviour though he just shrugged it off.

Y/n leaned back into his chair and sighed before he turned his head to look at the older man; Michael's eyes were still focused on the waiter from before. He could practically see the dark aura that surrounded the man; it was clear that something about that guy pissed him off, though y/n wasn't quite sure what it was.

"Is everything ok?" He asked quietly, not wanting to win the other people's attention. Michael side-eyed the boy for a second before he glanced through the shop without answering his question; his eyes then focused on something on the ceiling, in the back corner of the room.
Y/n followed the older man's action and looked at the point, Michael was staring at.

His e/c eyes widened when he saw, what the other man was staring at and for a second it felt like his heart stopped beating; next to a conveniently placed sign hung a camera, focused on their table.

Time stood still for a moment and the boy even forgot to breath for a second. Before he could say anything, Michael got up and grabbed y/n's hand, pulling him off his chair and towards the door. They grabbed their coats and left without saying anything, without looking back.

This could ruin everything for them though there was nothing they could do against that now.

If the boy hadn't been there, Michael just would have killed the people in the café and get rid of the evidence after that, but he didn't want to lose the boy's trust.

They didn't run, they didn't panic.
All they did was walk to their car where they got in and drove off, back to the house in the woods.
Just because the camera filmed them in the town, doesn't mean that anyone would find them.

At least that's what the boy was hoping.

New chapter!!!!
Sorry that it took me so long to update but I really didn't know what I wanted to do in this chapter cos I was roo scared that I was moving on too fast.
BUT
I kinda like the way it turned out
Alos it's way easier for me to slowly get to the end of this story.

Idk how many chapters I want to write till it's over, but I don't think that there are going to be more than...7?
Idk

We'll see
Anyway
Hope you liked it this far!!
See yaaa