Chapter 8

"I can't believe we actually kissed!"
Y/n squealed while he cupped his own face and grinned like a maniac.
He was wrapped into a blanket and sat in front of the fireplace while Michael was out to get more wood, so the boy was rambling to himself while he waited for the other to come back.
He sat there and just stared at the small flames which were desperately fighting for their lives but this didn't catch his attention for long.
The small boy got up and stretched while he thought about what to do.
He looked at the paintings that hung in the room when his eyes widened when an idea popped up in his head. He quickly grabbed his bag in which he began to look for something specific.

"Awesome!"
His excited and high pitched voice broke the silence around him when he found a pencil after minutes of searching. He looked for something he could draw on and after a while he found an old instruction manual for something he didn't really care about.
As he flipped through the first pages he began to doodle on some of them, not really trying to make it look good.
But after a while of drawing silly faces and other stuff he decided to put more effort in one of them and actually try this time so he started to sketch something.

It took him a while and it was pretty hard for him to draw without a rubber so he could get rid of small mistakes but when he looked at the result a smile appeared on his face.
Soft lines were leading across the page and formed a specific someone.
Y/n brushed carefully over the detailed drawing of Michael and his smile widened a little.
"This turned out way better than I expected..." The boy whispered to himself before he put the book down on the nightstand and laid his pencil between the pages. He wanted to show it to the older man really badly but he was embarrassed about the fact that he drew him so he brushed that thought off.

Suddenly the door opened, which made the boy jump, and Michael stepped inside with a lot of firewood in his arms. The tall man put it down next to the fireplace and kneeled in front of it to feed the fire which was throwing itself on the wood.
Y/n took the chance and walked up from behind to put his arms around the other's neck. Michael froze but relaxed after a while before he loosened the boy's grip and pulled him into his arms.

Y/n smiled and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth from the other's embrace and listened to his steady heartbeat while the older man played with a strain of his h/c hair.
"Do you want to go to the town?"
Y/n startled and looked at the older man with wide e/c eyes before he nodded quickly.
"Then get changed and be ready in 5 minutes."

The boy basically jumped out of Michael's arms, grabbed some clean clothes and got changed in the bathroom. He quickly fixed his h/c locks and brushed his teeth before he went back to the older man.
"I'm ready!" He said happily and turned his head to look at Michael when his eyes widened in surprise.

The older man didn't have his mask on, his dark hair was brushed out of his face, revealing his dark orbs. Instead of his blue jumpsuit he wore a dark red hoodie and dark jeans.
"Wow...you look so...normal."
Michael raised a brow at the boy's comment but didn't answer to that. He grabbed a black jacket and put it on.

"Stop talking and get in the car."
The older man said before he left the cabin while y/n put on his shoes. He grabbed his jacket, his gloves and his beanie before he left the cabin as well, following the other to the vehicle where they got in. He was really excited to go into the town, especially because he was going with Michael.

As soon as the boy buckled his seatbelt Michael started the motor and drove off. Y/n's e/c eyes followed the street they were driving on with a soft smile. The landscape was covered with mother nature's cold blanket, giving the whole area a calming aura.
The snow shimmered in the morning sun and he could see a fox which was jumping around, trying to find something to eat under the white substance.