twelve

"Hey I'm back. Sorry I'm late."

"Did he see you?"

"Huh? Yeah he did. Why wouldn't he be able to see me?"

"No reason I was just curious."

"Ha. Well he did see me, sorry again for being late. We were talking about all the extra credit assignments I could take to perfect my grade."

"That's good to hear."

"Oh! We also talked about you."

"Hm? What did you talk about?"

"Well I talked about how you weren't doing so well in his class and he agreed. He said that you could have a tutor help you out. Or he could give you a project to do, and if you did well on it he would change your grade to an A."

"Okay."

"Yeah then he asked me if I wanted to tutor you, since I know you so very well and since I have an A in his class."

"Oh, no thanks."

"Huh? Why not?"

"I wouldn't want a friend tutor me."

"Why not? I would be nice to you and help you understand every step in ways that you only understand. I mean we're friends, I'm bound to make you understand math in some way you understand it."

"That is why. I don't want a friend tutoring me. I rather have a complete stranger tutor me."

"But they could hurt your feelings.."

"I'm fine with that. Plus I don't really want a tutor anyways."

"Why?"

"I've given up on trying to understand math, remember."

"Yeah. I gotta go again. I think I hear Tanner yelling for me."

"Huh? But he's not-"

"..Here..."