Homecoming

I sit in the choir room, listening to Sues morning announcement.

Attention McKinley idiots. It's homecoming week, which means that a bunch of old farts will be creeping around the hallways like game of throne white walkers... horrifying you with their beer bellies and their liver spots. And that's just the class of 2012. FYI, the much-beloved McKinley high homecoming dance is canceled, due to... uh, let's say sharia law.

Sue finishes the announcement and Rachel walks in almost instantly... covered in red slushy. I smirk.

"Oh, how I've missed this school." I mutter and go to help Rachel.

That night we all sit around in Mr. Shue's living room, talking about it.

"I mean, honestly, I forgot how cold those slushees are. They chill you to the bone!" Rachel complains.

"I'm so sorry that happened, Rachel. All right, guys, dinner is served." Mr. Shue says and we follow him into the dining room.

"You know what, thought? It didn't really bother me. It's like I felt good being an underdog again, like I was getting back to my McKinley roots." Rachel smiles.

"All that from getting slusheed in the face? Well I guess Becky did you a solid." Sam asks.

"I know it made me nostalgic." I smirk, sitting down.

"Well, I don't know." Rachel says as everyone's seated.

"Uh, Wait, So you three are codirecting, then?" Mr. Shue asks. Kurt says yes while Rachel says not really.

"Well, I guess we haven't come around to that conversation yet." I say.

"We're just focusing on recruiting right now, so... oh, guess that's Blaine." Rachel finishes as the door bell rings, Mr. Shue going to open it.

"Hey everybody. Oh, my god, you will not believe the day that I just had. Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" He asks.

"Uh, not much. But since I have you all here, we might as well get started.. We have some fierce show choir competition ahead of us, and, uh, I think we should lay down some ground rules." Mr. Shue starts.

"Yes. Uh, like no stealing each other's set lists and no spying." Rachel starts the rules.

"And no poaching." Mr. Shue adds.

"And always be supportive and clap for each other, no matter what." Sam finishes.

"I actually really, really, really need everyone's advice. I have a huge dilemma. A girl wants to join the warblers." Blaine explains.

"What's the dilemma?" Rachel asks, grabbing some salad.

"I don't exactly see a problem here Blaine." I say, silently challenging him.

"You cannot be on the wrong side of history here. I mean, you of all people should know that." Mr. Shue advises.

"Well, I know, I just think that tradition is important, too, you know?" Blaine says.

"Yeah, well, some traditions are meant to be broken." Rachel points out.

"You have to let her try out. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Kurt adds and sends Blaine in deep thought.

The next day, the three of us are in the choir room, still getting things ready.

"Well, I never agreed to be your assistant. I'm just saying, cochair seems a little more fair." Kurt says.

"It's completely fair and that's the way things should be done." I add.

"Yeah, well neither of you would have thought to do your work study program here at McKinley if I wasn't here in the first place." Rachel argues.