the other students and teachers gave both of them a disgusted stare as jennie grabbed his hand and dashed out.

"i- i wish i didn't hear that." one of the students, lisa manoban had mumbled and the rest nodded in agreement.

"we could've done without that information." felix shuddered in disgust.

the school bell rang signalling that it was time for lunch. the teacher who was disgusted by what happened let them go.

none of them went to the courtyard.

--

"d-do you think that was convincing?" jennie asked nervously as jisung blinked.

"you gave me six pet names and you blurted out stuff we are apparently supposed to do. yeah, i guess that was convincing."

jennie looked down in embarrassment, "s-sorry bout that. i just really wanted to catch her attention ya know?"

to fill you in, jennie kim had acquired jisung's services to make her classmate, lisa to notice her.

jennie has a phat crush on lisa and she assumes lisa doesn't.

"we're bestfriends and i think she'll think it's weird that i love her in that way." jennie had said when jisung asked.

as of the moment, it has been working smoothly, jennie could see some progress whenever she brings up jisung in their conversations lisa would silently seethe in anger as she stabbed the food on her plate with her chopsticks.

but apart from that that's what they did. although one time, jennie got drunk and sucked on jisung's neck (who was just being a good boyfriend by escorting his wasted 'girl' back to her home at five pm on a monday afternoon).

that's why jisung got a hickey.

"i gave you color! see it's purple now!" she had giggled before passing out.

"jennie, i think you should just go and ask her how she feels." jisung said as jennie's head shot up to meet his eyes.

"you crazy? girl, that ain't happening." jennie scoffed.

"well, it's better than coming clean about it right? take the risk, i mean what's life without a bit of risk right?"

"i lowkey implied we gonna have sex in the courtyard for lunch in front of students and teachers. don't tell me stuff bout being risky."

"fair point, but still. if you like her then go for it." jisung advised as jennie thought about it.

after a few seconds, she nodded her head. "i think you're right han jisung."

he grinned, "i'm always right."

"shut up."

--

hyunjin excitedly skipped to his locker, and sure enough there was a cupcake placed neatly there (he doesn't know how his locker gets opened though or how he's not scared of the fact someone can just like steal from his locker).

last year, someone had left a cupcake inside his locker for his birthday and he was really grateful for it because last year, he was crying about a sad scene from this documentary stray kids and when he saw the cupcake and the simple note happy birthday!! in his locker, he calmed down and smiled.

he had hoped next year would be the same.

he smiled to himself as he took the cupcake and was about to take a bite when he saw a note placed where his cupcake was (like last year).

he took it and it read,

hyunjin-ssi!!

happy happy birthday!! i hope this day has been good to you so far. have this cupcake to have an even better day uwu.

- xoxo

hyunjin found it cute that he hasn't revealed who he was. he was thankful that someone out there was doing this for him. it felt nice.

who could be this cute n sweet that hyunjin decided to pocket the cute note?

"i see you've got your cupcake." someone said, amused.

he turned around and saw jeongin smiling at him widely.

"yeah, i-" hyunjin started but stopped when his eyes darted to the cupcake in the younger's hand.

"happy birthday jinnie hyung!"

jeongin was his mystery cupcake person.

and for some reason, it made his heart soar.

--

so like i wrote this before sleeping after a long day (if y'all follow me on insta you can see bout my vacay uwu and yes this is a shameless self promo).

by the time i post this it would be easter sunday so happy easter my babies!!

thanks for reading!!

- ferds