strawberry yogurt

chapter twenty
——ethan's pov
october 16th, 2019

i walked into the house, taking a seat at the kitchen table. i moved my fingers side to side, feeling the smooth texture of it. my mother walked in, setting her white valentino bag down. she took a deep breath and then exhaled a few seconds later.

"i'm so disappointed in you, ethan." she said without looking at me. "i can't believe you just threw away your whole future because- i can't do this right now." she stormed upstairs, her high heels making lots of noise. my dad took a seat across of me and put his head in his hands. he looked disappointed.
"i thought you knew how to use a condom."
"dad!" i said through my teeth, embarrassed. i cant believe my dad was about to try and give me the sex talk. lord, take me now, please.

"no, we're having this talk right now."
"dad, i know how to use...it. you really don't-"
"then how the hell did she get pregnant?"
"i don't know...maybe something happened. i just...i know i messed up, okay? and i regret it, so much. but there's nothing left to do."
my father sighed and walked away, shaking his head. i thought i was in the clear until i heard heavy footsteps. grayson.

might as well call cameron and tell her to come home from college, just so she can tell me how disappointed she in me and how i'm a stupid douchebag.

he went straight to the fridge, grabbing a strawberry yogurt. he took a spoon from the drawer and started to eat, still standing.

"did you finish all of the vanilla? you know i hate those stupid strawberry chunks."
"dude, that's all you have to say to me?"
"i mean hey, you obviously don't wanna fuckin talk to me, so why should i even bother? i just can't understand why you wouldn't talk-"
"i know you cant! that's the thing! you won't understand. mom and dad worship you, i've always had it harder. you'll never understand."

"are you fucking serious right now? how about you stop being a baby and feeling so sorry for yourself. at least have the balls to tell me you got kylie pregnant instead of veronica telling me! you've...you're not the same person ethan. and you can't blame that on mom and dad just because their expectations are bigger for you."
i hated him for kinda being right. but wait...
"veronica?"
"it was nothing man. i actually wore a condom."
"hey! i did too! i don't know what happened."

grayson shook his head and let out a breath. he finally took a seat, which kind of calmed me down. he played with his earring as he spoke.
"you don't think she'd, like, lie or something?"
"what do you mean?"
"i mean, you wore a condom. how'd she still get pregnant?"
"i mean, they rip sometimes, don't they? she wasn't with ham at the time, so..."
"just putting it out there."

suddenly, everything hit me. like really hit me. my mother was right, my life was practically over. if kylie didn't give this baby up, i could either sacrifice everything i've worked for or become west morris central highs' biggest asshole who just left the girl he got pregnant. every outcome was a loss for me.

and mackenzie? she'd have to break up with me, wouldn't she? i wouldn't really blame her if she left me. why would she want me to hold her back? she's destined for really great things and for some reason that makes me sad.

"grayson, what do i do?"
"i don't know, man. i really wish i did, but i don't. i'm sorry, but you're going to just have to deal with this. good luck, i guess." he walked away, throwing the now empty, plastic strawberry yogurt cup in the trash.

and now, i was all alone.

————
teaser: hammond is back in the picture, and let's just say him and ethan are not on the best terms
guys i'm really sorry i actually hate this chapter so much like it's just so ugly
vote!
i love you all<3
[700 words]
-m
————