Chapter 7: Mayday

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Mr. Hinton is here." Mike chuckled.

"Wassup" I dapped up everyone and took a seat next to Aaron.

"You came just in time, we're about to start the game up." My friend Drew said.

They dealt me in and Mike pulled out a wooden box. "Y'all know a game of poker wouldn't be complete without these." the lifted the lid and there laid several freshly packed cigars.

Everyone reached and grabbed one except me. I wasn't much of a smoker and never been one.

"What's wrong Khy, can't handle one of these." Mike waved one in front of me with a smirk.

"Nah, y'all know I don't really smoke."

Mike shrugged "Alright your loss." then he lit his cigar and took a pull from the cigar before exhaling out a big puff.

They passed the lighter around making sure everyone cigar was lit. Luckily Derek walked in just in time.

"What's happenin' guys." he walked in with beer dapping up everyone in the process.

Derek took a seat next to me and the dealt him in as well.

"Well now that all the men are here." Mike holding the cigar in his mouth between his teeth. "Let's get this game rolling."

Aaron started off the discussion around the table. "Soo, we have Policeman Derek here, Daring Drew, Wild Man Marcus, Killa Khy, Lazy Lance, Miller Lite Mike, and Funny Ass Aaron all here and accounted for.

We all nodded our heads in agreement with his statement.

"Y'all I gotta question." Lance said as he added his chips to the pot.

Lance is a married man, much like most of the guys here besides Marcus, Aaron and Derek. 

"What your question this time?" Aaron said adding his chips next as he examined his hand.

"It's Sarah, it like.....our...you know fellas.." he said with hesitation.

Mike eyed Lance suspiciously "What are you talking about Lance?"

"Our, intimacy hasn't been the same since she had the baby. It's been 6 months guys."

All of our faces twisted when he said 6 months.

"Damn Lance, 6 whole months." Mike sat his cigar in the ashtray.

"Yes, and I don't know how much more I can take. I tried talking to her about it but she keeps saying her body doesn't feel comfortable for that yet, I asked about other forms and she said she has motherly duties to attend to. I even offered to pay a babysitter while we went out but she keeps saying she doesn't trust another woman with our baby. It's killing me guys."

Aaron started laughing. "That's what your ass get for going with a white girl."

Everyone couldn't help but chuckle. 

"This ain't funny. What would y'all do?"

Mike spoke first "Be honest with her. Tell her-"

Then Aaron interrupted by saying. "If you don't start doing something soon I'ma find it else where. Simple as that."

You could see the developing irritation on Lance's face. "Aaron come on man I'm serious."

Mike continued. "As I was saying. Be honest and tell her that if she expect you both to have a healthy relationship she has to make some changes."

Lance nodded his head in agreement with Mike's advice.

Then Drew chimed in "So, as some of you all know....I'm getting a divorce from Tonya but I met this other woman I'm very fairly interested in and I wanna see where things go. Y'all think it's too soon?"