Chapter 12

"SERIOUSLY BRO, THAT WAS NOT COOL!"

I shouted at my brother after I put my clothes back on. This is probably the most embarrassing and awkward thing that has ever happened to me.

"Alright, alright, let's just try to forget about that. Anyway, that guy from earlier is here."

"I see." Looks like Drew had followed me after realizing I disappeared. How am I supposed to explain everything to him? Should I tell him that ghost had followed me to the party and was the cause for the sudden black out?

 "Did something happen between you guys? I mean, there must be something really wrong if you ditch him and run home to strip-cam with some other dude, right?"

"I-it's not what you think!" I said skeptically.

"If you say so... but don't worry! I'm not going to tell him about what you did." Daryl gave me a teasing smile.

"Seriously!" Frustrated, I ran with my hand through my hair. This just had to happen, did it? "Whatever, I'mma go see Drew."

Avoiding any further discussion with my brother, I ran downstairs to Drew. I'm still not sure what I should say to him. Should I tell him the truth? Would that be the best solution?

"Hey." I greeted him uncomfortably.

"Gosh, what happened to you? I was looking for you everywhere and thought you were kidnapped or something and Catherine freaked out cause of the blackout..." Drew  was still energetic as always but I can't help but notice a slight disappointment and anger in his voice. "Why didn't you tell me you went home?"

"I- I... I'm sorry..." Scratching my head, I looked up to Drew but his stare told me that I really need to give him an explanation. "I have social anxiety."

Drew's face lightened up.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry. That was very stupid of me."

"I see. Well, I guess I should have gotten to know you better too..."

"It's alright, Drew. It's entirely my fault."

We stood there for a few moments in silence before Drew decided to leave.

"Anyways, you should go to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow, ok?"

"Yeah, sure. See ya."

With that, he left and I returned to my room. Perhaps I can tell him about Ben tomorrow. As my eyes met my screen, Ben had already messaged me.

"Are you going to see him?"

"Yeah.. we're just going to talk."

"No."

"What?"

"No."

"What no?"

"Don't see him anymore."

"But he's my friend..."

"Please, (n)... no."

 I sighed. Ben's jealousy can really be a problem. What should I do? Should I really stop seeing Drew from now on? Well, that's what I initially planned, right? To protect him from Ben... maybe it's better this way. Maybe I should really stop seeing him.

"I'll break ties with him tomorrow." I typed. That's probably a good idea. I don't feel like Drew deserves to be hanging without any explanations so it would be best to address this matter to him tomorrow.

"I see. Promise me then you will  do so."

"I will."

 Ben and I chatted a bit longer and played together afterwards until early morning. I felt myself exhausted and still felt weird from yesterday's drink.