Chapter 9

Who would have ever known that the famous creepypasta character Ben drowned was actually real?  That he haunts people for real... And above all, that he was actually my deceased childhood friend? 

This is insane. I have a hard time accepting this. How did this all happen? How did I get into all of this bizarre mess? I'm someone who doesn't believe in ghosts and all the supernatural.

What shocked me most though was that he was my childhood friend and died without giving us a chance to say goodbye. And I had just moved on with my life without knowing that he had died a horrible death... I knew nothing of it.

I buried my head in my heads. Was all of this real? What if this person was just pretending to know me? No, he already gave me enough signs that this is really Ben. I had only refused to realize it

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered.

I need to distract myself from this or else I won't be able to do anything productive in class today. Thankfully, it was already lunch time so I have some time clearing my mind before going to class. My stomach felt odd so I did not feel like eating but I definitely need something to drink. My throat feels sand dry and I'm sweating all over.

Maybe I would know what I should say to Ben later. I don't think "I'm sorry you hear you died"  was an appropriate thing to say. Man, I wished I was still normal and knew how to react to stuff.

I headed to the cafeteria and sought of to buy some juice. Of course, I wouldn't eat here with this mass of people. Instead, I would head for the roof where it is peaceful and quiet and no else goes there either. I walked upstairs to the roof and sat in the shade and took a deep breath. What is going to happen next? Is Ben going to keep haunting me and making sure I don't talk to other guys?

"(n)!~~~"

"!"

My head whirled around as I spotted Drew, standing in the doorway, disrupting me from my thoughts.

"I called you earlier in the cafeteria but you didn't hear me." He pouted like an upset puppy.

"Uh-Oh! Sorry, I guess I was lost in thoughts." I definitely was.

"Is that all you're having for lunch??" His expression was shocked as he noticed my meal.

"Err yeah. I'm not really hungry."

"I can't believe you're only going to have that. Here, I'll share my lunch with you~~"

He sat down beside me and placed his lunch box between us. I was not so sure of this. What if Ben was watching me right now? Would he get mad? Well, I'm sure he would get mad.

Should I tell Drew about what Ben texted me? I sort of want to get it off my chest but I don't know if he's going to believe me. Well, maybe it's better if I don't, we've only known each other for a short time.

"(n)? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why are you always alone?"

His question caught me off guard. The answer was rather simple but it was kind of hard to explain.

"...I like being alone."

"Why? Don't you have any friends?"

"Uh well, before, but..."

I stopped in mid-sentence. I don't know how to explain any further. I just gave him an awkward grin that would never be as bight as his.

"You know, you shouldn't always be alone.. You're a great person, (n)."

"Eh?"

"That's why you should come to the part tomorrow and meet new friends."