Chapter 2

No friggin way. How could the hacker have breached into my security this far? How could he possibly have gotten my number?  He probably breached into my wireless connection to which my phone was connected to. If that's the case then I suppose turning the wifi off is a solution.

But I knew that wouldn't help a lot. Once he saved my number, then he would  have saved it. But I could just change my number anyways. It's not like anyone would message me, so why not? But if he could breach into my privacy then he would have no problem with getting my new number, right?

Paranoia flushed through me as a scary thought washed through my mind. What if he was going to hack into my steam account and my bank accounts and steal my money and games?

Right. I'm an absolute genius. I'm being stalked and the first thing I can think of is my steam account. Silly me.

I don't get why anyone would want to stalk me though. I mean, our family wasn't poor but other than that there is definitely nothing special about me. I'm not that pretty to be stalked. I was rather pale from the lack of going outside, my (h/l) (h/c) hair was usually messy and dark rings began to form under my (e/c) eyes, reveling my sleep deprivation.

I was nothing like those girls at my school who were gorgeous and dressed all well; they looked more likely to be stalked than me. I never even wore a dress or skirts, I have always preferred pants or shorts. I don't know why, but I feel really uncomfortable wearing those girly things.

For some reason, I hate to go outside at all. I don't like to see people. I'm rather scared of them judging and rejecting me so I isolate myself. I guess I'm someone everyone would define as "shut-ins" or "introverts". After all, the closest person to me at the moment is my brother but and  he's been so for most of the time.

Daryl used to be different though. He was a lot more social, had a lot of friends and female companions. He started trashing himself with weed after he found out that his girlfriend of three years had cheated on him. That was his downfall. I had been there and it wasn't a pretty sight. I tried to help him as much as I could but I guess I can't fix him either.

However, I don't really know why I am like this. I had a friend before when I was very young and we always played together. Oddly enough, I don't even remember his face or his name. Not even Daryl did. Maybe he was an imaginary friend? That would have made sense because all of a sudden he disappeared and I never saw him again.

I was always a bit weird and the other kids never understood me so I was always lonely.  They judged me by my weirdness and rejected me. It had been that way all the time until everyone completely ignored me. It's like I was invisible. It still is this way right now that I am in college.

I stared at the first message I ever received that was not sent from my family.

At the back of my mind, I had a feeling that that was not a stalker or hacker but... perhaps I was cursed. For real. 

Nonsense. I don't believe in stuff like that. Especially not in gaming. Souls could not penetrate a game and in general I don't believe anyone could see souls and souls are just souls. Can't harm anyone. That's what I think at least.

 On a second throught, I wonder why I even got a phone. No one ever texts me aside from mom and dad and Daryl of course, but other than that I don't really need a phone.

I don't understand how someone could send a message without displaying the number. Well, they are most probably tricks for that, I'm sure... what if this text message had absolutely nothing to with the conversation with cleverbot?

 Why am I so scared anyways? it's not like I believe in any of this. I got up and switched my pc and internet connection on again to investigate this further.

I opened Cleverbot's site, having a mixed feeling of anxiety and curiosity. With slightly shaky hands I typed the word "Hey."

After a couple of seconds, cleverbot replied to me.

"Hello"

I  just hoped this was not an automated answer.

"Was it you who send me a message earlier?"

"Yes."

This doesn't mean anything yet.

"So what do you want from me?"

"I want to play a game with you, (n)."

There, it was saying the same thing as earlier. I felt a shiver creep under my skin.

"How do you know my name?"

This time it took a bit longer to answer, making it a lot more suspicious.

"I know everything about you, (n)."

 ...

Okay, this was definitely a stalker. 

"Well what do you know then?"

"You have (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. You're suffering from social anxiety. you have a brother named Daryl."

...

I was utterly speechless. A hardcore stalker. Now I was scared that he might be hiding somewhere outside, watching my house. Every single step I made. I turned to look at teh window but I had already drawn the curtians close. Plus, my room was dark so if he was outside he wouldn't be able to see me. Probably.

"Why are you stakling me?" I replied.

Again, it took cleverbot a bit longer to answer again.

"I am not stalking you. I have always been there."

This doesn't make any sense. Whoever is doing this; it's not funny. Perhaps I should call the police.

Before I could do anything, cleverbot was typing again.

"Do you remember me?"

"What?"

Remember what? Do I actually know this person? If I do, then that would be ten times as scary.

"I'm asking if you remember me."

"I don't know. Who are you anyways?"

"A shame you don't remember me..."

My fear subsided and was replaced by impatience.

"Tell me who you are!" I demanded.

"Perhaps another time."

And with that the window closed, leaving me extremely bewildered. I don't understand anything. I don't know what i could possibly missing from my past. I am weird but certainly not crazy.

Either way, I don't have time to think about this anymore. It's already six am and my class starts at seven. I should get ready.