Chapter 28: Secrets

Chapter 28

Warning: 14+

"Finally home." Thane said as he opened the front door of our home with me still in his arms, bridal style, as he crossed the threshold.

"Hmm, that sounds nice." I smiled as he walked us all the way to our bedroom which was littered with rose petals and candles.

The door that lead to the backyard was opened and allowed the cool night breeze inside.

I took in the sight before me in complete awe, "You did this?"

"Spent the entire morning setting it up for you." He pecked my cheek.

"It's incredibly beautiful, thank you." My heart was literally overflowing with love for this man.

He set me down next to the bed and gave me a devilish smile, "Should I give you a few minutes?" I meekly nodded my head and appreciated the time to gather my bearings, "Okay, but don't take off the dress." He whispered in my ear.

As he walked out the door, I went into the bathroom and grabbed some wipes and face wash to remove all my makeup which surprisingly held up after all my crying. I also removed the clip Jane gave me as well as all my jewelry except my ring, and kept it all secure.

I splashed my face with some cold water to make myself realize what was about to happen. Thane and I were finally going to complete our mating and he was going to mark me.

Considering all this was my first time, I was completely nervous and suddenly very insecure about my body.

I tried to shake off my nerves and took a few deep breaths before I walked back into the bedroom just as Thane came back with two glasses of champagne.

"Thank you, I really needed this." I gladly took the glass from him and hope it provided the much needed liquid courage. I practically gulped the glass down and set it aside as Thane watched me with amused eyes.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked me gently as he set his glass down after taking a sip.

I gave him a smirk, "I've been the one in this relationship trying to seduce you Thane, I should be asking you that."

He grabbed my arms and pulled me flush against him, "Oh yeah? Then why don't you show me what you got love?"

But before I could even deliver, he plastered his lips to mine in a fierce and passionate kiss that left me breathless.

I immediately granted him access and allowed him to explore my mouth as I tasted the fruitiness of the champagne on his lips.

He was intoxicating and I wanted nothing more than to drown in him.

My hand wandered to his suit jacket and I unbuttoned it and pushed it off his shoulders as he stepped out of his shoes.

I pulled my lips away from his to catch my breath but he continued his attack as he moved to my neck and nibbled on the spot where he was supposed to mark me.

My hands continued their nimble work on his shirt and practically ripped it opened as the shirt buttons flew off and scattered around the room.

Not paying heed to my hastiness I ran my hands down his rock hard abs until I reached the fly of his pants but his hands quickly stopped my work.

"Let's take this slow?" He pleaded as he looked into my eyes.

I could see the passion and determination to mark me in his eyes but he wanted to slow things down just to make sure I was alright and well taken care off.