Oh jeez

Evan pulled Connor and Zoe into his and Blue's room. Connor and Zoe gave him weird looks but he quickly shushed them by telling them to jump out the window.

"What?" Zoe screamed. Connor just shrugged and stared climbing out the window. The only thing he questioned was why was Evan, of all people, so calm?

Then it clicked.

He's been here for 3 years and he knows exactly what to do.

He's done this before.

All three of them climbed out the window and started running. Where? They had no clue. The only thing they knew was that things were going to get nasty if they stayed.

After awhile, they had made it to downtown. They smiled at the tall buildings as the towered above their heads and the loud honks and musical being played.

Their smiles grew as they heard one musician at a street corner playing the ukulele and singing covers to some pretty nice songs. Connor put his arm around Evan and Zoe held onto his shoulder as the musician played Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.

Evan hummed along and almost started singing with the musician but stopped himself. He was content was the sweet harmony of her voice and the ukulele itself.

When the song came to an end, they clapped and Connor handed her a 10 and they moved on to the next thing.

They made way to many stops for teenagers who just ran away to the place they ran away to. They stopped at little diners that we're similar to the one that Heidi worked at, record shops, vintage stores, basically anything that caught their eyes but what really stuck out to them was a skating rink.

With LED signs over the buildings and bright colors everywhere, they place look fascinating.

They exchanged looks to complement their mischievous smiles and headed inside.

The rink was bigger than they had expected and the music blaring from the speakers where some 80's pop songs that really only Zoe knew.

They all went up to the counter to get their skates to be greeted by what looked to be a girl the other orphanage that they've seen at school. She was blonde and pretty short and her name tag read the name Brooke.

They got their skates and then remembered, none of them know how to roller skate. They laughed as they all glided across the rink in the least graceful manner you'd ever see. I mean, Connor looked like the scene from Bambi, Zoe was almost crawling and Evan was holding onto the wall for dear life.

So it was going great.

Once they got the hang of it, Zoe went off to do her own thing across the rink, I think to go compliment some girl's hair or something, leaving Evan and Connor alone.

"I know what you're trying to, Ev and I really appreciate it." Connor grabbed Evan's hand with one hand and using the other to hold onto the wall.

Evan looked down at their feet as they glided slowly, "wh-what do you mean?"

Connor stopped abruptly, making Evan jolt back and almost fall but Super Connor caught him. "You know exactly what I mean, don't you?" He tried to search for Evan's eyes but they were glued to the ground. "Thank you. Thank you for taking us away from there when we needed it and keeping our minds off of it with- with roller skating." He chuckled and held Evan's chin up to look at him.

"I-I just.. I know what it feel like to um to feel alone through this and I don't want you guys to feel like I did when I had to go through this.." Evan closed his eyes, his lashes resting on his cheek and tears threatening to spill.

Connor grabbed his waist pulling him closer and hugged him, resting his chin on the smaller boy's head.

Evan's arms gently wrapped around Connor's neck, leaning into the touch and wanting to be closer.

They hugged all the way through the song, "What's Up, Pussycat" And half way through the song Wonderwall. Once they parted, Connor kissed Evan's cheek and smiled softly.

But their moment just had to be ruined with Zoe squealing about some girl.

"Her name is Alana and-" Zoe gushed before being interrupted by Connor. "Wait- her name is Alana?"

She nodded slowly, a bit confused at his sudden interest before she heard a shriek behind her followed by a high pitched 'Connor'.

Holy shit this chapter was long.