4

I just woke up from a 5 hour nap... sorry if this is trash, but I really felt like writing it.  Think of it as a filler, or an insight into Cami's typical day.  Also not edited. I suck.

|October 09, 2017|
Deserve

C A M I

A loud band echoed through the house which caused my eyes to open from my light sleep. Colby slept softly beside me, his arm draped over my stomach. This wasn't the first time I had fallen asleep after one of our endeavors, but I never wanted to make it a habit. The clock next to his bed blinked 1:04 a.m. and I sighed— my cue to leave.

I attempted to sit up, but his arm pulled me closer. My movements stopped when he let out a quiet noise. If I woke him up, he would tell me to stay; that I shouldn't drive this late. We agreed on a no strings relationship, and other than the fact that we fucked many times a week, sometimes many times a day, we have become really good friends. It was rare if I didn't see him everyday.

         For a moment I laid and basked in the silence of the house. I assumed the loud noise that woke me was Circa knocking something over, or a demon. It honestly wouldn't surprise me in this house. The fan in the corner of the room swiveled from the door toward the bed and sent chills down my bare legs; Colby is the epitome of a blanket hog. I shifted my eyes over to the slightly open curtains where a full moon was peaking through, and stars were ever so present.

         "What are you doing?" Colby spoke from beside me. His voice was full of sleep— deep and raspy. I turned to look at him and his eyes were barely open and covered by his messy hair.

         "I have to work early, so I'm going to head out." I responded with a sheepish smile. He leaned up to look at the clock next to his bed and rubbed his eyes. The clock now blinked 1:17 a.m.

         "You shouldn't drive this late. Just stay." He mumbled, dropping his head back onto the pillow. I sighed and stood up anyway. He watched me through heavy eyes but didn't argue. I knew he was too tired, and I was too stubborn. "Text me when you get home." I heard him whisper and I smiled. Before I had even slipped back into my clothes he was snoring into the pillowcase. My feet shuffled against the hardwood as I dragged my joggers up my legs. I couldn't find my tee shirt or bra, and quite frankly didn't feel like looking, so I grabbed a random hoodie off of Colby's couch.

         The night sky was vibrant. Wind blew slightly, making the night colder than it needed to be, and I jogged to my car in an escape. My old black Camry was parked outside of the gate and was unnecessarily cold inside. It took a minute for my heater to warm me, but by the time it did I was already pulling into my apartment complex. Maddox was laying by the door when I entered and I gave him love for not being home all day. A note was stuck to my fridge by my neighbors daughter who feeds and walks Maddox whenever I'm not home. It read 'Thanks for letting me watch Maddox again! We made a doggy friend down the street. I think they should have a play date! Love you Cami!' in small, messy handwriting. Cecelia is a twelve year old who absolutely adores my dog. If it wasn't for Maddox being trained to protect, and me engraving the commands into her mind, I don't think her parents would allow her to walk the dog through the neighborhood. I loved them for all they did for me.

         My bedroom was slightly messy but I was too tired to care. I didn't bother changing out of the hoodie; I just fell into bed and shimmied out of the thick joggers. Maddox hopped into my bed and curled up against me, laying his head on my stomach. I could feel him sniffing around the hoodie and it made me chuckle to myself. Every time Colby would be at my place Maddox would get jealous, so we usually just went over to his place instead. We both found it incredibly funny.