He smiles handsomely, pulling me up by my chin to press a sweet kiss to my lips. "I love you, Ayla."

"I love you too."

***

"Wait, where are we?" I frown when the car stops and Asher opens his door.

"Come on, take a walk with me on the beach." He holds his hand out which I take eagerly.

Before me is the roaring sea, white sand sparkling under the moonlight as the water rushes onto the shore. Seashells litter the soft sand as I run onto it as soon as I kick my shoes off. Laughing happily, I close my eyes and inhale the scent of salt, the wind running through my hair. I hear movement behind me and turn to Asher.

Only to find him down on one knee with an open ring box.

"Ash..." I whisper, my eyes widening in surprise.

The moonlight illuminates him, emphasizing his angular features. His warm brown eyes are swimming with nervousness and fear as he kneels before me. He smiles and shrugs halfheartedly, taking my hand and brushing his thumb across my knuckles.

"We've been through a lot but ever since the day I found you in my kingdom, I knew I would never let you go. I'm so glad that the fates paired me with you because you are the best thing that has happened to me. You make me feel alive, safe and loved. I'm the happiest when I'm with you. And I want to promise you that I'll dedicate the rest of my days to keep you smiling, to always comfort you when you're down, to protect you and keep you safe, to love you with everything in me."

I'm crying at this point, covering my mouth to stifle my sobs.

"Ayla, will you marry me?" He asks, eyes shining with emotion.

"Yes!" I half laugh and half sob, wrapping my arms around his neck when he stands.

His lips come crashing down on mine, fiercely passionate. The kiss is sweet and full of promise before he pulls away and wipes my tears. Taking my hand, he slips the ring on my finger. There's a rectangle diamond in the center surrounded by small round ones, sitting atop a gold band. I fall in love with it immediately, whispering that it's perfect.

"First, I'll marry you. Second, you'll be crowned as my queen. And then we can have our happy ever after just like in all those sappy, romance novels you read." He teases, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I slap his chest lightly, glaring up at him in a playful manner when he rolls his eyes. We walk along the shore for a little longer and he eventually tells me that he's been carrying around the ring for months but never found the right moment to propose. He doesn't want a long engagement and plans to make me his wife by Sunday this week. I agree easily as there's truly no point in waiting.

Eventually, we get back in the car and return to the castle. He helps me out of the black Mercedes and we walk up the steps, the guards saluting us as we step through the double doors. We make our way towards our bedroom, the castle silent as it's around two in the morning. I stare at the portraits on the wall and suddenly, an idea pops into my head.

"Does this mean I can change all this around?" I twirl my finger in the air, gesturing to the furniture.

"What's wrong with it?" He frowns when I scoff, pulling away from him.

"What isn't wrong with it is the question!" I exclaim, crossing my arms. "Everything is dark and depressing!"

"I like it."