Devising the sabotage plan

In the next morning Nowak awakened Jacob.

"Rise and shine! Get up, I want to see of what you're capable of."

Nowak guided Jacob through the bunker down to the lower level on a storage room.

"Now, let me see what you can do with those legs. Do you see that wall? I want you to hit it as hard as you can."

Jacob thought this was a joke but played along. He gave a light kick into the concrete wall and nothing happened.

"I didn't tell you to caress the wall, hit it, like this!"

He punched the wall with so much force it made a man-sized hole into it. The room light went off, and the ground shook for a moment.

"That is what I'm talking about. Power! I know you've practiced before. Show me."

Jacob stopped goofing around and concentrated on his legs. Squatted a little before launching himself into the wall at full speed. There was dust everywhere, when it settled, a big hole was visible from the ground to the ceiling.

"Yea boy! There's no need to show me more or we'll bring the bunker down to rubble. Come on, Braden summoned us to the control room." Nowak said.

"Meet Furlong Jacob. He came from afar to help us out. We will destroy the slaughterhouse." Braden said.

"Nice to meet you son, we can't even imagine what you've been through, but now it's time for payback. We're mobilizing all local Naturals to bring down the slaughterhouse operations to a full stop in Casper. It will show the invaders we're not tamed even though we're not as advanced as they are." Furlong said.

"I couldn't care less for the slaughterhouse, All I want is to turn into rubles the Pleasure Tower and their lords!" Jacob said.

"Think with me boy, if there is no more slaughterhouse, there will be no more people, like you, sent there. We can't have both for now." Nowak said.

"Nowak is spot on Jacob. We can't have both. I prepared something for you. You need to run as fast as you can and destroy the slaughterhouse's service gate with these missiles attached to your legs."

Furlong points at to a covered crate besides him.

"Then we'll enter the facility, steal their sentry robots and blast everything in sight until they realize what's going on, while freeing our human fellows trapped there to our nearby safe houses. Are you okay with that plan?"

"But what is this good for? They will hunt us down to the last man and spread our corpses around town as a warning." Jacob said.

"It doesn't matter Jacob. We're not here to restore humanity freedom but to send a message to all: the Pemakan has weaknesses and we can defeat them." Braden said.

"Well, I hope to live to fight another day. There is a good chance of success. And we can't be lingering here for too long, anyway. Xemx help is coming soon. With the sentry robots we can guarantee safe passage of our resistance to Black Reef Bunker and departure to Xemx rendezvous away from Earth. Learn the ways of the Xemx and, I hope it doesn't take too long, return to our first home and kick the Pemakan invaders out of here!" Furlong said.

...