Failed embassy negotiations

The Solar system is in a Milky Way region with no established frontiers, and we lie in the gray area, a no man's land. Pemakan civilization saw their expansion as a pressing necessity in their star cluster, and the Solar System was in the way, proximity wise, to their militarized counterparts. Although Slower Than Light propulsion was possible, it was still too slow to have a continuous trade route among the stars. All advanced civilizations in the galaxy never achieved Faster Than Light travel, and probably nowhere else in the known universe. The Xemx excelled in the art of trading with nearby civilizations and the Solar System was a perfect fit for a central hub, therefore guaranteeing future businesses. The conflict settled when Pemakan embassy forbid Xemx activities in the Solar System, alleging route possession.

"It can't be possible, our presence in this specific system precedes any of you." The Xemx ambassador said.

"We, Pemakans, are not interested in anecdotes, the colonization of the system is imperative to our validated expansion. The legality of this action is approved by the Austral Trade Company."

"We, the Xemx, do not recognize the Austral Trade Company as a legitimate enterprise, because its activities lay founded on predatory or exploitative practices. Our species can't endorse it."

"So be it, you can have the system, alas you must pay a reasonable toll based on our increased travel cost."

"That's not possible, we already pay you extortive taxes for fringe systems you possess and where we have business."

"You leave us no alternative but to impose possession of the Solar System by force. I'll say it only once, do not interfere in our activities in that region or there will be consequences."

The Pemakan interrupted the embassy communication with the Xemx representative.

The Xemx leaders gathered and decided that the war cost wouldn't be tolerable and devised a plan to elevate humanity as the rightful ruling species of the Solar System. It would take several human generations, but that was the only viable choice for the moment. So they sent two of their transport spaceships to rescue part of the population, later on, settle them in an uninhabited Xemx planet until humanity could reclaim the planet by force.

"Send scouts and alert human leaderships of their impending fate. Also send messages trough our Neural Telepath Network in the hopes they can shape humanity's minds for our benign intentions. Set up the plan and prepare for human extraction." The Xemx council said.

Due to the nature of space travel, that required large time frames, any decision made now resonates through countless Earth years and would have devastating impact for all involved civilizations.

...