Departure

Somewhere near Belmont, Montana, survivalist camp.

Chet, Garret's father: "Did you check the return of the Supply Dogs son?"

"Yes dad. But Magenta returned with one of its legs broken."

"No problem, today is one of the most important time since the beginnings of our operations. Palo Alto Extraterrestrial Intelligence Search Office sent us the extraction point before global takeover. We must be ready for departure in forty eight hours."

"Does mom will come with us?"

Garret was in his old electric wheelchair. Chet got down on his knees, looked into his eyes almost crying and said: "We received strict orders. The Xemx chose only you and our doctor's daughter, Mary, from our camp. Martha and I will remain here until it is time to move to a safer place."

"Although I understand why they're coming father, I cannot fathom the consequences of their choosing process, why so few of us and only the young ones?"

He knew why but didn't want to trouble his son's mind even more. He hugged Garret and whispered in his ear: "You should be proud son, you are now part of the few that will leave the bondage of Earth and become part of a space faring civilization. Be strong and prepare yourself."

"What about my legs father, can they fix it?"

"To where you are going, you won't have to."

...