Out in the Open Part 3

LAUREN POV

"I'm going to hang out in here, thank you, doctor," the neurologist said. "Now we're going to wait for five minutes or so. She should improve by then. 

"Oh, Mila..." Demi said, sympathy hinting in her eyes. 

"Dems, she's wet," I noticed sadly. 

"Did we bring her a change of clothes?" She asked. 

I nodded, "She has clothes but we forgot a second pair of underwear, unfortunately." I nodded in response, standing by anxiously as Camila stopped seizing, now just laying on the bed with her eyes shut and her body curled into a small ball. I quickly, but cautiously, approached Camz, smoothing her hair off of her tear-stained face. 

NO ONE POV

"Is she going to be okay?" Lauren begged the neurologist. 

The neurologist gave Lauren a comforting smile, "We'll know soon." Lauren and Demi held discussions with the neurologist while they waited for Camila to come round. 

Eventually, she did, sitting up in bed, frantically assessing her surroundings, "L lolo?!" the small girl questioned in a panicked tone. Lauren stood by Camila's bedside, pressing the call button, and gently caressing her cheek.

 "I'm right here, love. Dems is here too. You're okay," Lauren assured Camila. The small girl only reached up for Lauren to hold her with tears brimming in her eyes. 

"Aww, let's change your clothes first, okay? Then we can have a cuddle. How does that sound?" Lauren offered. Camila nodded, rubbing her eyes. 

"Dems?" 

Demi perked up, "Yeah?" 

"Can you hand me the pajamas in the bag, please?" Lauren requested. 

Demi nodded, "Sure thing," she replied as she handed the soft-feeling pajamas over to her friend. 

"Thank you," Lauren told Demi with a smile as she started getting Camila changed into the dry clothes

"Is that better, hun?" Lauren asked Camila as she laid down on the bed with the small girl entangled in her arms. Camila nuzzled into Lauren in response to her question. The neurologist and the doctor both entered the room together. 

"She's up," Demi informed the doctors, who did a thorough examination on Camila before discharging her with a follow-up appointment, a seizure preventative, as well as an emergency seizure medication. As Lauren and Demi held onto Camila's hands and walked her through the car park and to the car, she clung to them tightly. When they reached the car and Lauren tried to get Camila settled in the backseat, the small girl began to cry, reaching for Lauren. 

"Hey, hey... it's okay. We'll be home before you know it, yeah?" Lauren cooed as she wiped the tears that had fallen onto Camila's cheeks. Camila sniffled and nodded, allowing Lauren to buckle her in and get up front with Demi. 

As they drove home, Camila would randomly burst into tears before calming herself back down, then hiccupping and sniffling for a bit before crying again. It absolutely broke Lauren and Demi's hearts, so they were relieved when they pulled back up to the house and Lauren could hold Camila. Lauren couldn't tell if Camila was in her headspace or not, but she seemed to be teetering somewhere in between. 

Lauren helped Camila out and into her arms as Demi closed the doors behind them before unlocking the house. As the three walked in they were met with Dinah awake in the living room watching something on the TV. Dinah turned around as the sound of the front door opening interrupted her show. Noting Camila's state, Dinah hopped up from the couch and made her way over to the others. 

She bent down towards Camila, "Hey, Mila, hun..." Looking up at Lauren and Demi, she asked the couple, "What happened?" 

The pair shared a saddened look before Lauren spoke up, "She had a seizure, D. I'm not sure at what point the episode turned into a seizure, so I don't know how long she was seizing, but she was seizing when we got to the hospital. It was terrifying," she rambled, tears coming to her eyes. 

"Aww, Lo, don't cry. She's alright, hun," Dinah assured her friend, who smiled through her tears and nodded, wrapping her arms around Camila. Camila yawned, rubbing her eyes. 

"Why don't you get some rest, Mila?" Demi questioned. Camila didn't respond. The poor girl seemed to be in a world all her own. Demi gently tapped her, resulting in her briefly looking up to acknowledge her. 

"Why don't you get some rest, hun?" Demi restated. Camila nodded and hugged everyone before heading up to her room and getting cozy underneath the covers, soon falling asleep, having been exhausted by her seizure.