"It smells delicious," Dylan remarked politely, but he spoke the truth. The scent was making his mouth water in anticipation.

Gregg beamed at him, "Thank you, son. I hope it tastes just as good."

"It always does," Olivia piped up, just as hungry as Dylan. "You think I can show Dyl the rest of the house before it's done?"

"Definitely," Gregg confirmed, watching as his youngest daughter brightened. She grabbed Dylan's hand and pulled him away, making the adults chuckle as he stumbled after her with wide eyes.

After they left the room, Gregg then turned to his wife, who had moved to take a seat by the island. "So, is he a potential boyfriend?"

"I hope so," Caroline replied honestly, glancing back at the doorway where they disappeared. "He makes her happy; that much is obvious."

"He's polite, respectful, good looking and is crazy for her," Gregg acknowledged, going back to dicing some tomatoes. He glanced up cheekily, "And he complimented my cooking, so he automatically wins my approval."

Caroline laughed, shaking her head in amusement. But she did think to herself, Dylan has my approval too.

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

dylanobrien i was expecting more posters 
400,289 retweets - 523,194 likes

username wtf

username I swear he never tweets anything that makes sense
username2 I feel like him and harry styles would be good friends
username oml yasss

username does this mean he saw Olivia's room? 👀

livmason 🤦🏼‍♀️ = trying to explain how I only lived here till I was like eight
527,103 retweets - 611,301 likes

username DYLANS TWEET MAKES SENSE NOWW

username omg I love dylia so much

username I can practically see Dylan teasing Olivia about her as a child
livmason you're not far off 😂

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"You lied to me, Livie."

Confused, Olivia looked up with raised eyebrows. "What're you talking about?"

While they waited on dinner, Olivia finished giving him a house tour. They ended up in her old room, where immediately Dylan remarked that he had been expecting to see posters of Mark-Paul on the wall. After Olivia reminded him of how old she was before she moved out to California, Dylan's curious nature brought down an unlabeled box in Olivia's closet.

Olivia had been intrigued as well, leading the two to sit down on the floor to see what was inside. The actress had her legs crossed in front of her dresser and while Dylan mimicked her posture, he chose to rest his back against her bed. Olivia couldn't see what was in his lap, due to the box being between them, but could tell Dylan was holding back laughter.

His gaze finally met hers, his brown eyes sparkling in amusement as he teased, "You told me you only had one boyfriend in the past."

Not understanding what he was getting at, Olivia's eyebrows cinched together. "But I did only have one boyfriend?"

"Not according to this."

He finally lifted what he had been holding onto and the second Olivia saw the familiar blue cover, she leapt towards him. "I'm not finished," Dylan swiftly dodged her, scrambling away while he chuckled. "Who's Jake, Livie?"

"Dylan," she warned, raising to her feet like he had done.

"Oh come on, he seems like a nice guy," he commented as he took another step away from her, holding out a finger to signal for her to wait. "And you met him on Disney Channel? Awe, that's cute!"

His mockery made Olivia roll her eyes. "Just because I said you can help me look through the box, doesn't give you permission to read my old diaries," Olivia stated in irritation. She moved forward quickly, her hand grasping the side of the journal before he could pull it away again.

"But it's fun," Dylan pouted playfully, not letting go of it. His arm stretched above his head, making Olivia stand on her tiptoes. He looked down, his breath hitching once he noticed their close proximity.

"For the record, Jake wasn't my boyfriend," Olivia informed him, swallowing hard because she noticed how their bodies pressed together. She just pushed the thoughts away, trying to focus on the conversation. Not the way he stared down at her, his gaze flickering between her bright eyes and her lips. Not how his own cinnamon irises swirled as he seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Well, you obviously liked him," Dylan finally pointed out, somewhat bothered by the thought.

Olivia scoffed, "Yeah, when I was eleven. We worked together for Disney Channel, and he might've been my—" Olivia mumbled the last of her phrase with a turn of her head so Dylan couldn't hear, but he wasn't going to let it go.

He tucked his free hand under her chin and made her face him, his eyebrows raised. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"He was my first kiss," Olivia repeated herself a little louder, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

Dylan's nose scrunched up in distaste. "I don't like him," he then announced.

Olivia scoffed, and rolled her eyes even though he was still gently holding her face with his hand. "You've never met him!"

"So?"

"How do you dislike him then if you don't even know who he is?" Olivia questioned smartly, looking up at him with a small smirk.

Dylan didn't hesitate, speaking his true thoughts. "Because he got to kiss you before I did."

He traced her faint freckles with his finger, well aware of the surprise etched onto her face, and let out a small sigh. "Livie, there's something that I need—"

"Guys!" The voice of Danielle interrupted him and he closed his eyes, mad at himself that he hadn't spoken fast enough. "Dinner's...ready?"

Olivia turned her head to see her sister standing in the doorway, her eyebrows raised in interest. Immediately realizing what it looked like, Olivia cleared her throat and stepped back from Dylan. Glancing back at him, she stuttered, "We s-should, um, yeah—"

Dylan nodded his head multiple times, letting out a heavy breath and running a stressed hand through his hair as she then exited the room—hearing the whispers from Danielle as the girls headed downstairs.

Because he couldn't stop his heart from pounding in his chest.

And because his words wouldn't stop echoing in Olivia's head as she entered the kitchen where her parents were waiting.

Because he got to kiss you before I did.