Fun Day.

Malenda.

"August wake up!" I continued to shake August so he would get up. I was getting angry because all the kids were downstairs hungry, and he was still in bed. Last time I checked, I did not volunteer to have all these kids here. I didn't mind, but the least he could do is help me take care of them.

"I'm up. Stop shakin' me damn." August moved the covers back getting out of bed. "Whatchu' want?"

"What the hell you mean? I want you to get yo lightskin ass downstairs and help me cook for the kids."

"Ay, I ain't with that light skin dark skin shit. I'm just a real nigga."

August rubbed his eyes and stood up stretching as he heading to the bathroom.

"I don't care. Just hurry up and get down stairs." I got up from the bed and went back down stairs.

"Is Uncle Aug up?" Kay asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, he's finally up."

"Can I hold the baby?" Chay asked.

"Sure, just come sit on the couch." Chay ran in the living room and sat down on the couch. I got Kingsley out of her play pin and placed her in Chay's arms.

"You got it?"

She nodded her head, and I trusted her, so I walked back in the kitchen and started taking out the things I wanted to cook for breakfast.

"Good morning sleepy head." Kay giggled as August swooped her up in his arms picking her up and throwing her in the air. He caught her and then put her back down greeting everyone else.

"Whatchu' cooking?"

"Food."

August looked at me and turned his nose up. "You on your period?"

I slightly rolled my eyes. Here he go again. Every time I'm mad, he asks me that question. "No I'm not on my period. I'm just tired."

"Okay well you don't have to be rude to me. I'm not the reason you tired."

I hit him with that "why you lying" face. " August you kept me up all night with your talking."

"I had something important to say, and you feel asleep on me when I said it."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well you should've got to the point quicker. What were you saying?"

"Forget it." August shooed me off and grabbed a pan from the cabinets.  He then grabbed the bacon and I stopped him real quick.

"Nah you cook something else. I don't need you burning the bacon. Cook the sausages." I handed him the sausages, and he snatched it and threw me the bacon. 

"Attitude much?"

August narrowed his eyes at me and then went back to the sausages. Okay. I must've really missed out on something important, but I was so tired last night after we came back from the police station. We had went back to Mama's house, and the kids were going crazy. Apparently Leroy had given them some sugar and they all stayed up all night even Kinsley. When I finally got the chance to lay down, August wanted to talk. I was trying to stay up and listen, but I was tired. He talked for a good thirty minutes, and all I heard was "You know I love you right?" After that, I kind of zoned out.

~

August and I had finished cooking, and then everyone had ate and gotten dressed. August still wasn't really talking to me, but we were meeting up with Cole and Ty at Speed Zone.

We all left out to meet Cole and Ty. August had the girls riding with him, and Jr. and Kinsley were the only two riding with me. I buckled the kids up in their car seats. When August finished, we were ready to go. I followed him the whole way there. When we arrived, I just knew today would be crazy. It was packed like crazy. Of course someone was going to recognize August.