"I don't know, honestly. I have a good feeling about you and I feel like you're going to be in my life for a long time," I say with a smile.

He takes a hold of my hand and kisses my knuckles delicately.

"Thank you, lil mama. You're truly something else," he said pulling me close to his side.

***
2 and a half weeks later...

I hadn't talked to Lamonte in over 2 weeks.
I guess he didn't even care that I left, but it doesn't matter anymore.

The past couple weeks have been amazing with Trey.

He took me to a carnival, he took me out to a few dinners, and I even spent the night over his house two times.

He hadn't forced me to do anything with him. He hadn't even kissed me...yet.

I don't know if he just wanted to be friends or if he was just super patient, but I was glad that he was giving me time.

I still don't know for sure what's going to happen between Lamonte and I.

Of course, I still care about him and I don't think my feelings for him will dissipate anytime soon, but I might be forced to let them go.

I let out a sigh and I packed the last of my things into my car.

I didn't even spend 3 hours with my parents in all this time.

They continued to drown themselves in work as they usually do, but I couldn't even be mad at them.

I didn't even try to spend time with them either.

I should have known nothing would change but I guess all we have is a hope for change at the end of the day.

I looked at the house one more time as if it were the last I would see it, but somehow I felt I would.

I got into my car and I sped off into the direction of my new, permanent home.

***
1 hour and a half later...

I got to the house and put my things where they belong before I went to go check in on Ana.

She was most definitely still asleep. It was only 10 o'clock. She hated waking up early, but I decided to check in on her anyways.

She would be excited to know I'm back after almost three weeks of not seeing me.

I opened the door to find her with Ajax, Lamonte's brother. She was riding him like her life depended on it.

I smiled and closed the door before they realized that I had been watching them.
I went downstairs to the kitchen and I started to make breakfast.

Some part of me wanted to go see Lamonte, but I knew he wasn't ready for me and I couldn't force him.

After half an hour, I finished my blueberry pancakes and was getting ready to dig in when the doorbell rung.

I groaned in agony and went to go answer it.

I opened the door and Lamonte was standing on the other side.