Remembering the Past

Start from the beginning

One night, while everyone was dead in sleep, Yuji finally made his move. He stalked his way over to the babies' cot, silver kunai held firmly in his bony grasp. In a split second, the peaceful silence the night brought was shattered by the screams of a baby. Takeo shot up from his slumber and stared in horror at the crimson covered knife held in his brother's hand. Setsuko's scream snapped him out of his shock and Takeo transformed in rage. His fangs grew out, as did his claws and he launched at his malicious brother and ripped out his throat before you could say 'shit'. When it was certain Yuji Himura was no longer in the world of the living, both the grieving parents moved to the cot. The whole inside of the babie's cot was soaked and dripping with freshly shed blood. Laying in a pool of her own mess, was little Takara. Natsuki lay close to her dead sister, crying in distress and tiny fingers curled around Takara's layette. It almost looked like Natsuki was grieving for the murder of her sister.

The next day the Himura Clan gathered and grieved for the death of their fallen princess. A funeral took place early in the morning and everyone offered their respects and condolences to the family. After the service was over, Takeo and Setsuko retreated back to their home and refused to come out for weeks.

As the weeks passed, the 'Alpha' couple noticed the health of Natsuki Himura drastically deteriorate. Natsuki constantly ran high fevers and her cries of distress would carry all throughout the compound. Takeo and Setsuko asked doctors and physicians what was wrong with their daughter, but no matter what was said or what treatment was given, Natsuki would only get worse.

One stormy night, Natsuki's cries suddenly stopped. In panic for their daughter's life they awoke and saw the most magical sight. Surrounding the young princess's cot was a ghostly white entity with small, brilliant flames cloaking the feet. The spirit was in the shape of an animal, like a dog or wolf. The spirit made eye contact with the two wary parents and Takeo bared his fangs at the ghostly beast as a warning.

"I am not here to harm anyone, now pull back your fangs, Himura. Is that any way to treat a God?" The wolf spirit narrowed his eyes at the insolence of the man.

Takeo and Setsuko stood awestruck at the God.

"I am here to ease the child's suffering." The beast said. Takeo and his wife couldn't believe what they were seeing. It couldn't be who they thought it was....

"You're right. I am the great mountain dog, Okami." Okami answered the couple's superstition.

"I-I deeply apologize for my insolence before!" Takeo bowed his head tot he beast as a sign of respect. "But... Okami-sama. May I ask why someone as noble and heavenly as yourself has come to our home in the late hours of the night?" Takeo softly spoke, not wanting to anger their precious deity.

"It was pretty cold outside and I was suddenly caught in the middle of this storm while out for a walk. I happened by your home and decided to seek shelter here until the storm passes." Okami attempted a joke but by the reaction of the couple, it didn't work.

"Ahem... I mean..." His black and gold specked eyes turned to the sleeping baby and it appeared that the spirit's eyes softened, like he was looking at his own pup. "She summoned me."

Takeo and Setsuko both gasped at the wolf's words. "Our daughter summoned you?" Takeo emphasized the word 'summoned'.

Okami nodded yes.

"But how is that possible?! Natsuki is too sick and frail to summon anything, not to mention the great god, Okami, himself!" The clan leader exclaimed.