First Match: Natsuki versus Kankuro

•••••••••••••••(Natsukis POV) •••••••••••••••••

"Yosh! Let's go!"

I slip on my brown jacket over my normal outfit and tighten the leaf headband around my waist with a swish sound.

Today's the last day of the Chunin Exam; the Battle Arena. After training for a month on my own, I've gotten a lot stronger. I can now probably match Lee in taijutsu and would stand a good chance against Neji. And let's not forget that my stamina and endurance has increased ten fold. Not only is it the last day of the Chunin Examination Test, but today is also the day Sasuke comes back from training with Kakashi-sensei. 'I wonder how much stronger he's gotten?' I thought and looked up at the white, fluffy clouds dancing across the blue sky. Everything was so peaceful.

"Hehe, I wanna fight him when this is over." I smirk then run full speed ahead to the Arena.

*************** (time skip the the Arena) ***************

"Ah~ made it!" I exclaim as I charge through the gates. I try to stop bit my legs won't listen to me.

"Kyaaa~! Move outta the way!" I scream at the oncoming examinees and examiners. They all turned around and saw me coming straight at them and jumped to the side or dived to safety. They screamed at me to watch where I was going and I gave them a ghost of an apologetic smile before focusing back on trying to stop before I ran into.... A WALL!!!

I closed my eyes to brace for the impact of the hard stone wall, but instead meet with the sound of grunting and something warm and soft. I peeped open my right eye and meet with my saviours pained expression.

"Man you're troublesome..." He groaned again.

I gave him a small sheepish grin.

"My hero." I teased. Shikamaru's arms were around my waist and I was leaning into him for balance while he leaned himself against the wall. He shot me a playful smirk followed by a sigh.

"Idiot."

"Am not." I argued.

Shika just grinned and ruffled my hair. I sighed and got off him; helping him off the wall and walked back to the other genin. Looking around the group, there were about seven of us here. The three that were missing were Dosu, Naruto and Sasuke. Just where the hell could those two idiots be??

'Dammit Naruto, Sasuke...'

Looking up at the stands surrounding the Arena; people were already beginning to flood in and take their seats. I sat down on the ground and started to play with my tail when after five minutes or so my ears caught the sound of hoofs slamming on the ground and screaming. I turned my head to the entryway and Naruto came flying through, literally, and body slammed into the dirt.

"What kind of entrance is that?" I chuckled at the dazzled Naruto laying sprawled out on the ground and helped him to his feet One of his arms draped over my shoulder and my arm around his waist.

"Don't laugh Natsuki! Those bulls are dangerous and almost killed me!!" Naruto whined, but that only made me laugh more.

"Hey Natsuki, where's Sasuke? I though he's be here with you?" Naruto asked me causing me to halt on my laughing fit.

"Sasuke went with Kakashi-sensei somewhere to train about a month ago, I've been training here in the leaf instead."

"Oh, I thought he would've taken you with him."

"We might be dating but that doesn't mean I have to be with him 24/7. I'm allowed to do things on my own without him you know." I spoke matter-of-factly.