eight

Katie was sitting in the holding cell, unfortunately with Diego. They were sitting opposite each other, purposefully avoiding eye contact. She was so angry with him.

"I'm sorry." Diego said, finally looking at her. Her anger was practically radiating around the room. He couldn't believe that he dragged her into this situation, he felt awful about it. "I really am."

Katie looked up at him, her eyes tearing up slightly. "Sorry about what Diego? Knocking down Bens statue? Getting me arrested? Or maybe that god awful day years ago? Which one Diego? Hm?" She asked him, not holding anything back. She said she had forgiven him for that day, but she truly hadn't. It still hurt deep down in her heart.

"Do you understand how bad this whole thing could be if it got out to the press? I don't think you understand how bad this could be. My career could go downhill. One day before my Albumn comes out and I've been arrested. I can't believe you." Katie said, her voice raising until she was nearly shouting. He looked over at her.

"I'm sorry for everythi-"

"Don't interrupt me. You knocked down Bens statue. The only thing that was in memories of my best friend and you ruined it. I miss him so much and that was one of the only sources of comfort I had. I just- I can't believe you. You know how much I loved him, actually not even me. You know how much we all loved him and you ruined it. You always ruin everything."

"And don't even get me started on that day. I said I forgave you, but I don't know if I do, I don't know if I can ever forgive you. When you say stuff like that, it goes to someone's heart. It can scar them and it scarred me. I can't deal with you right now." Katie said, her anger practically pulsating from her.

Diego was silent for a few seconds, "Katie, calm down yo-" He tried to speak to her but she interrupted him.

"Don't tell me to calm down Diego, you don't get how everything is just bottled up and if you keep adding and adding to it it'll all explode! And-"

"Katie!" Diego shouted, standing up and grabbing her arm. "Your hands and eyes- they're glowing like crazy." He told her, he wanted to talk through everything with her but her emotions were getting the better of her. And her powers looked uncontrollable.

Katie looked down to her hands. The familiar ribbons of energy were streaming out of fingers and she had that new feeling of relief flowing threw her body. She felt powerful, like she did outside of Griddys. She looked from her hands to Diego. She was tempted, so tempted, to just release all of the energy she had in her. But there was this small part in her that cherished him and wouldn't let him get hurt.

The door to the cell opened, snapping her out of the trance. The energy around her disappeared.

"Diego Hargreaves, come with me." The police officer said. Diego stood up from the bench, as he walked towards the officer he tried to make eye contact with Katie one last time, but she was turned away, staring at the wall. When he reached the police officer his hands were immediately handcuffed and he was pushed away.

She was alone. Standing and staring, she didn't know what had taken over her, she didn't understand what was going on with her. It was all a new sensation and she didn't understand it. It was overwhelming but when it happened it felt... good.

Shortly after Diego was taken out of the cell, Katie was also taken out, handcuffed and pushed towards detective Patch's desk

"So why don't you put that badge down for one night and you come out on the streets with me? Without all this bullshit." Katie caught Diego saying as she reached the desk. She could tell by the tone in Diego's voice that he was trying to charm her, but Patch wasn't buying it.

Eudora nodded to the cop behind Katie to take off her handcuffs. She stood there rubbing her wrists as the two of them continued to argue with eachother.

"You're right, that sounds super fun." Patch paused. "But I think you missed some things when you got yourself thrown out of the police academy, so let me explain. This bullshit is what gets convictions in a court of law." She stated matter-of-factly.
"What you do out there is a fantasy. I would love to play cops and robbers, wear a mask, and feel important, but guess what? Recess is over." She glared at him.
"It's grown-up time. You're still trying to prove that, when you were kids, running around in those stupid uniforms, that it wasn't for nothing." Diego looked away when she said this, he was clearly hurt by her words. Katie stayed quiet, she didn't want to be involved in this, she didn't care.
"Yeah I know you, too, Diego." Patch looked at him. "Now leave, before I change my mind." Diego sighed.

"And you." Patch said looking at Katie. "I'll keep this whole ordeal quiet but if i find you at another one of my crime scenes, it's done for you. Understand?" Patch asked her.

"Completely." Katie said with a fake smile. "I'm gonna go now." She said and turned and walked out of the building without looking back at Diego.

—————

A/N

I'm so sorry for not posting in ages, I've had insane writers block. But now with the lockdown and my exams being cancelled I have a load of time to write so I should publish the chapters regularly.

I hope you can forgive me, I'm sorry.

I hope you're all safe. Stay inside and wash your hands x

Enjoy!!!