four

Diego rushed over to her, he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her up before she could hit the floor. He was worried to say the least, what could have caused her to cry out like that? Klaus followed closely behind him.

"Are you ok Gem?" Diego asked her, a concerned look on his face. The rest of their siblings soon came and stood around the little cluster. "I'm fine, just migraines." She lied to them, she was usually extremely good at lying but while she was in this amount of pain it was quite difficult. "Please don't lie to us Katie." Luther said, the first time he had spoke in this conversation.

"If it was just migraines then why did you scream out like that? That's not a migraine Katie." Allison said, worry laced in her voice. Even though she knew that Katie didn't like her she still cared about her. Seeing her in this amount of pain reminded her of when she used to get injured on missions, which was a lot since she was one of the most reckless siblings.

"I just need to rest, that's it." Katie nodded, looking at her siblings. All she could see was them lying down dead. It was awful. "I'll take you up to your room." Both Klaus and Diego said, "We'll take you up to your room." Klaus corrected before looking at Diego with an over exaggerated smile on his face. "Fine."

Diego pulled her up to stand up straighter, he kept his arm firmly placed around her waist. "I'll be able to walk." She nodded, looking at Diego, they're faces only a few inches apart. Quickly, she turned her head away from him before the others could notice. Blood rushed to her face and she stepped away from him.

I could never love you.

Even though she didn't see his face contorted into a hurt expression. After he apologised he assumed that things were going to go back to normal but it was obvious that there was still hostility between them.

"Well this just got awkward, come on Kat." Klaus interrupted the silence. He held out his hand for her to take and she gratefully did.
" 'scuse me." Klaus said, slipping past Allison and Luther quickly, pulling his sister after him. Once they were up in the entry way, further away from the others they finally spoke.
"You wanna talk about it?" He asked as they started to climb the stairs. "Not at the moment, maybe in a couple of hours or days." Katie spoke. Even though we don't have many left.
"That's ok, I'll be here, waiting."

"I'm just gonna go to my room and maybe take a nap."  They reached the top of the stairs and she unlinked their hands. "I'll be fine, I promise." She went up on her top toes, pressed a kiss on his cheek and started to walk towards her old room.

"Are you sure you don't want to go see the doctor?" Klaus shouted after her, "I'm sure!"

- - - - -

Once Katie had awoken from her sleep she had gotten changed into the outfit that she had brought for the funeral. A black leather jacket, a pair of black jeans, a black crop top and heeled boots. It was plain but she didn't have anything else to wear.
She picked up the necklace on her vanity table, the only birthday present she had ever gotten from her own dad. Grace was the one who usually organised their presents.

The necklace was beautiful, it had a white gold chain with a purple stone which would rest just slightly below the level of her collarbones. She had always loved it but she choose to leave it here so she could leave her old life behind.
Since she was here now, there was no harm in wearing it. She undid the clasp and placed it around her neck, she tried to re-do it at the back but she couldn't.

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door.
"You need some help with that?" Allison said as she stepped into the room.
"Sure." Katie said bluntly, Allison walked over to Katie and did up the clasp with ease. "I'm sorry about what I did." Allison said, Katie turned around to face her.
"Not now Allison, later, this is the wrong time to be doing this." She said and walked out of the room and towards the courtyard.