Chapter Eight: Head Over Heels

While I waited for Robert to come back with my clothes, I played around with my wings. Standing in the middle of the room so I could stretch out my wings all the way, seeing the way they move and bend. I wrapped them around me like a warm embrace, stroking my delicate feathers, finding the patches of gray around the edges. I stretched my wings vertically to touch the ceiling, amazed at their size. In the middle of my marveling, Robert came back with several band shirts, a few wrist bands, and a couple pairs of jeans. He laid them on the table along with a black checkered scarf. His face suddenly turned bright red as he brushed his hair out of his face and struggled to get a few words out.

"And uh..we have some uhh...bras and stuff....in the ummm..back of the store...and uh.. you know if you wanna go get some stuff...theres no one else in the store right now so...."

"Actually, I do need one or two..."

"Uh ok...ill um... wait here"

"Ok"

I fixed the sleeves of my dress, pulling them back up to my shoulders, but not zipping it up for the sake of my wings. i walked out of the office and through the store room, heading back into the main store. Luckily, the entrance to the store room was at the back of the store, near the dressing rooms and the bras/underwears, so I didn't have to go far at all. there were plenty of choices, so I just grabbed what they had in my size. I grabbed several bras, decorated with Harley Quinn, Ariel, The lion King, one with a whole bunch of skulls and bones, and various other characters. I quickly did the same with the underwear, finding some that matched the bras, and hurried back to the office where Robert was waiting. The door was locked, so I had to knock. Robert let me in and I rushed him out so I could change. I went through the pile of clothes that he had brought, and chose a pair of black jeans, an "I'm Not Okay" MyChemicalRomance shirt, plain black Vans, the Harley Quinn bra and underwear, and the black and white checkered scarf. I quickly got dressed and decided to tie the scarf through the belt loops of the jeans to use as a belt. I saw a pair of batman socks that I hadn't noticed before, and put those on with the Vans. I hurriedly fluffed my pastel purple hair and put back on my "hipster" style glasses that I had been buried with. (they had been on my face) I folded up the rest of the clothes and put on a Pierce The Veil and My Chemical Romance bracelet. I looked pretty good....and I was ready to start working. I looked at the clock on the wall: 9:37 am. This was a good start to my day. I slipped my lanyard with my I.D. and pins over my head, and headed out of the office.