Nursing meant a lot to Lorraine and the 53-year-old woman tried to use any opportunity she had to better the large and varied field and help those who were or who wanted to be in it. This program was great because it allowed people to learn about dufferent kinds of nursing before they go to a college or university, giving them the opportunity to properly decide whether they want to go into it or not and what field they want to go into.

"My name is Lorraine Adams, I am 53-years-old and the creator of Nurse Trek, a pre-course to any career in nursing." A couple of people started to clap and after a few cheers were heard, the entire group was clapping for the older woman. Lorraine smiled, letting them continue for a moment longer before raising her hand to silence them. "You all are here for our spring session and over the next four months, you will be getting a crucial look into the nursing world."

The clapping and cheering started up again, but Lorraine did not stop it, smiling as they continued on for a few moments. Mark was among those who continued to obnoxiously clap, prolonging the moment.

He, as well as many others, were already inspired by the African American woman that stood in front of them. She was a well-known name among nurses and health enthusiasts alike. An avid supporter of diversity in the many fields of nursing and a woman who taught and mentored wherever she could, she made a large impression on many in North America. Standing in her presence and being taught by her was a gift, one that Mark was excited to receive.

"I am so glad that this many of you are interested in nursing." Lorraine continues, taking a few steps across the stage she now stood on. "Ontario has a large demand for nurses. A demand for people with the skill set that we plan to introduce you to."

Mason looked to his left, taking in the expression on Gabe's face. The man looked a bit more disinterested than Mason expected. The group of 50 or so people sat on cushioned chairs, arranged in neat rows in front of the carpeted stage that Lorraine was speaking on. The chairs luckily had armrests and Gabe currently had his head and upper body leaned on to his right forearm, which allowed him to slouch further.

Slightly peeved, Mason did not make a comment. It was not his business or place to decide how engaged, attentive, or excited Gabe should be while Lorraine spoke.

"Before we get started, I need to lay down a couple of ground rules. The first and most crucial detail is that you all will be partnered up for this entire program!" Groans, moans, and other sounds of displeasure were heard from the large group. "You don't have to be that happy about it."

Lorraine's sarcastic comment fell on deaf ears as people silently panicked all throughout the room. It was understandable. Most of those enrolled did not have any friends so everyone now had to face the reality of being stuck with a stranger.

It was random, and no one knew if their partner would be competent, dedicated, or even here as the weeks rolled by. Coming to this building 3 times a week for four months was bound to be annoying at times and some of those in the room would probably skip if they wanted to. Many just hoped those people would not become their partners.

Mason glanced at Gabe again whose eyes seemed to have now fallen shut. He hoped that this man wouldn't be his partner.

Lorraine eventually continued on, explaining that the participants would be paired up by age to hopefully make them more comfortable. While it did ease some minds, it only made Mason more nervous. That made it even more likely that he would be paired with Gabe. Sure he was a fun guy but he was not partner material.

She went to speak about some important rules and regulations that the participants would need to follow. That included keeping their phones on low or vibrate during lessons and only using the bathroom up to 5 times within an hour.