Ch 7. Sai the Adventurer pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Or maybe it was just confusing for him seeing how people were all used to this setting.

Sai noticed people were taking glances at their direction. His helmet covered pretty much his entire face but he still touched his forehead to make sure that the sash he wore covered his horn.

He felt Masanori pat his shoulder and said to him in a small voice.

"Its your armor. Its too eye catching haha"

After Masanori said that, soldiers started bowing whenever they saw him.

"Goodmorning lord Masanori!"

"Goodmorning to you too."

The swordsman smiled to the footsoldier with a pinwheel crest on one of the shoulder protectors. On the opposite side is the crest of the Tsuriyama family.

As they walked further into the city, more and more people greeted the swordsman, not just soldiers.

"Mr Masanori it wasnt my armor they were looking at"
...
The two arrived at a two storey door-less building with a wooden plaque at the entrance.

"Here's the adventurers guild young Sai. I wish you the best! Ill let you borrow the horse but be sure to return it. Good luck!"

Masanori patted Sai's back and Sai replied with a thanks before Masanori left. While he was looking for a spot to park his horse, he noticed people were taking glances at him and whispering to each other. He ignored them and proceeded inside the guild.

Two women wearing kimono were assisting people at the register by the entrance. Beside it is a billboard with all types of posters stapled. Further inside is a pub-like setting. People wearing different armors, were noisily drinking and conversing among themselves.

'Is it just my imagination or did they stop to look at me?'

Sai went ahead and observerved the posters on the board. Seeing he can read the words even though the characters were quite foreign to him is another miracle thanks to mana.

Missions were ranked from F to A. F being the easiest, while A as the hardest.

He took a stub on an F rank mission and went to the registers.

"Goodmorning! My name is Ruichi, how may I assist you?"

The woman greeted him with a bright smile. She had a short hair and wore a lively pink kimono.

"I want to take this mission please."

"May I see your Adventurer badge?"

"Its my first time actually."

Ruichi nodded then took a blank wooden plaque the size of a card and a small needle.

"Okay mister, to start please prick your finger and pour a drop of blood on the badge. Don't worry it wont hurt that much!"

Sai followed Ruichi's instructions and dripped his blood on the wooden card. His blood was absorbed and characters showed on the card.

Saitori Gin
Adventurer Rank F
Level: 4
Job: NA

"There you go..mr. Saitori Gin! Thank you for registering!"

Ruichi replied cheerfully then continued.

"Your adventurer rank on your badge will automatically update after you complete the highest recent mission you take. If you have any more questions Ill gladly answer them."

"Its okay, id like to proceed to the mission please"

She took the mission stub Sai gave him and gave instructions.