08 | Cutting Ties

Once Jimin got back to the kingdom, he was immediately greeted by his father.

Not in a good way, though.

"Where have you been!?" His father snapped. A yellow color sprawled over Jimin, and he opened his mouth to speak; however, the king shut him up.

"No, I won't hear your pitiful excuses. To your room! Or get out of my sight!" His father scowled, glaring at his second son harshly.

He was red.

Jimin bit his lip, "I'm leaving," and he just swam out of the castle premises, going to the Messenger Shrimp.

He sighed, his yellowness turning blue yet again. He sat in a corner, watching all the shrimp converse and co-exist with one another.

He felt alone.

The lonely feeling had sunk within him more than he's ever felt it before.

He felt gloomy.

And upset.

And so much more float in him.

He just needed a friend.

A friend who'd willingly care and help without wanting to use him, just because he was the prince.

"Prince Jimin! What brings you here today??" A fellow shrimp had come.

"Huh? Where's Sye?" Jimin asked, worry flooding within him as he realized Sye was nowhere to be seen.

"Sye...um," The shrimp struggled to answer.

"He's in the emergency coral." Syl the Shrimp answered.

"W-What??" Jimin's eyes widened, his heart racing.

"Wanna see him?" Syl asked.

"Of course I do!" Jimin panicked and followed the shrimp, hoping Sye was okay.