Chapter Sixteen: The Strangeness

Shigaraki felt incredibly stupid. The things he had said to her. And he had meant them, he meant them so powerfully but why in the utter hell would he actually say those things.

He was a fool. A fool to splay his cards open like that.

It was like this switch had been flipped inside of him, as if he could not deny his strange fascination and attraction to her. From the moment He said that Saito Maiya would be a part of this plan it was pure awe, pure fascination.

And every new moment with her, he found himself even more surprised, even more full of want.

He found her magnificent, in every basis of the word.

She was stubborn, annoying, confused, irritable, and incredibly bold.

But every time she snapped at him- rolled her eyes or bared her teeth or stood up to him- he found himself both exacerbated and suppressing the urge to bend her over whatever near surface and send her spiraling.

But what just happened-

He could still feel her hand wrapped around him, her bare chest close to his.

He could still hear her whimpering and moans and—

Dear god, he was hard again.

He did not know what he was doing. He pretended like he did, but Shigaraki had not been with many women. But his touch seemed to have nearly the same affect on her, as hers had on him.

He also did not know what he was doing even acting upon these urges, what He would think. He was most likely ruining things. But he could not keep himself away.

He changed his underwear and pants, ignoring his now aching cock. He leaned against the wall, careful not to place down his thumb.

God, everyone would be back soon.

Those annoying, spineless—

But they were important to this.

And Shigaraki would not loose- would not allow it.

His mind began to move, and he could not help but think how powerful him and Mai could be together- what they could do.

If she agreed to join the League of Villains, his confidence in his ability to win would be nearly unwavering.

But Mai was still denying herself. She had the beliefs, but she was still tied to this society's ideas of honor and justice.

It only made him despise it more.

Even if Mai never killed anyone, there were other ways of joining the cause- of creating that downfall.

And he would get her too.

Because they needed her.

Because he wanted her.

I'll give you whatever you want, Mai.

He had said that even after they were finished.

A fool, a blubbering horny fool. That's what he was.

Because if he recognized, even began to recognize---

His thoughts stopped when a knock sounded at the door.

"Tomura," it was Kurogiri, "we need to talk about the next steps."

His fist curled against the wall, and he grounded out "Alright."

**

Mai felt dirty. Not in the mental way, at least not yet. She was trying hard not to allow herself to feel guilty. She had wanted that. And these two weeks, for these two weeks only there was nothing wrong with what she wanted.