Chapter 14

Today was the day as Leo jumped onto Sonic's bed abruptly waking the teen up as he yelped *Good Morning pup!! It's your first day of high school!* Leo howled with joy as the teen groaned before carefully getting out of bed.
"I can't believe you're excited about this day..." the teen muttered while yawning a bit though was still in a bit of pain *oh I'm off the wall with anxiety, but I can't let that affect your first day,* Leo huffed before happily trotting out of the blue blur's room.

As Sonic sighed before deciding to get ready for his first day of school when he heard Blast yelp which made his morning as he snickered to himself.

Glad he wasn't the only one being tormented this morning so he could forgive Leo for the way he woke him up.

After a while, the blue speedster headed downstairs where he met Charles who had just finished making breakfast "morning Sunny my boy," he says happily "mornin' unc," Sonic says while sitting at the table as Charles placed his plate down.
Just as Blast limped into the kitchen "morning- what happened to you?" Sonic asked *I slept wrong and got pulled out of bed...* Blast whined before taking his seat beside the blue blur as his bowl was placed in front of him.

Sonic snickered while turning his head to the side so the wolf wouldn't notice him when Leo and Suzen went into the kitchen as well to eat their breakfast.

When Charles set down their bowls as well, he finally took his seat at the table "so, really for school?" he asked earning the teen's attention.
"Yeah, I'm ready," Sonic replied while giving his uncle a thumbs up before he began eating his breakfast happily as his tail wagged happily.

"That's great sunny boy," Charles says with a soft smile on his face *will you tell us exactly how your whole day went once you get home?* Leo huffed his tail wagging with joy "of course I will," Sonic said happily.

"I'll make sure, to tell you all about it especially if I make new friends along the way," Sonic said with joy which made the others happy to hear.

-

Blast and Sonic made their way to Emerald high as the blue speedster hummed slightly though in actuality he was talking to Blast with their mind link they both shared with one another.

Until they finally got to the school they were looking at yesterday when Sonic began to mess around with the necklace that was around his neck, memories of how it wound up there filled his head until he sighed.

When Blast stopped walking and sat down at the entrance of the gate *this is where I stop,* the wolf huffed "yeah, I know, I'll see ya around later," Sonic says while walking backward and waving before turning on his heel to head into the school building while fishing into his backpack to grab the school map and schedule so he could know where he was going.
While Blast got up and left to head home, his tail wagging slightly though he wasn't too excited about getting back even though he knew he had to.

With the blue blur, he looked around the halls though his ears were lowered due to how loud the hallway was, and with them pressing against his head, it helped dampen the sound that was going on around him.
Even though he should be used to loud noises by now, he's spent a few months in the city, and with his running speed as well...

When someone poked his arm earning his attention as he turned around to see a young twin-tailed orange fox looking up at him.

Sonic looked at the small fox that waved at him before he slightly lifted his ears up "hi you must be new here?" he says when Sonic smiled "yup, names Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog," he said confidently.
"Nice to meet you Sonic, I'm miles but my friends call me Tails," Tails said happily before the two ended up walking together through the crowded halls.

"So, what school did you transfer from?" Tails asked when the speedster rubbed the back of his head while chuckling nervously "I'm actually homeschooled," Sonic explained.

"Ohh, so first time being at school?" the twin-tailed fox soon asked "nope, I at least went to elementary school," Sonic says while handing the young fox his schedule since Tails was eyeing it the entire time they were talking.

"Though what about you, how long have you been at this school?" Sonic questioned "hmm, 3 years now, this high school is mixed with a few middle schoolers," Tails explained while looking at the schedule "we also have the same classes together by the way," he added on.
"Sweet! You don't mind showing me around then?" Sonic asked "not at all," Tails replied with a big smile on his face which Sonic returned.

-

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly as Sonic sped through the day (not literally) and his favorite class would have to probably be GYM class.

It allowed him to let out all of his stored-up energy, though he just wished he had GYM at a different time instead of at the end of the day. Maybe he should take a quick run around town before getting to school probably.

"Hey, Sonic!" Tails called out his name earning his attention "ya, what's up," the blue speedster answered.

When the twin-tailed fox dragged over an echidna with him well not literally dragging him, more like the echidna was following behind the young fox willingly "you heading home alone?" Tails asked "nope," Sonic answered while giving Tails a high-five.
"Who's this by the way?" Sonic questioned "oh, this is Knuckles," Tails says introducing the taller male "Knuckles this is Sonic," he then added on.
(I just now learned how to spell Echidna! I guess that's why my google translate kept trying to spell Enchilada)

As the red echidna looked at the blue speedster and then glared at him which made the hedgehog chuckle nervously.

"I don't think he likes me very much," Sonic says when Tails looked up at Knuckles "oh, he'll learn to like you. He just has trust issues after an incident that happened," Tails says.
"Oh, alright, understandable," Sonic says with a shrug before the three began walking together.

"Anyway, who are you walking with?" Tails questioned, "uh, I'm going with..." Sonic thought about who was going to be walking home with him until he heard a bark which caused his ears to point forward.
And most students jumped and tried to get away when the blue blur saw a familiar wolf waiting for him with his tail wagging.

"Oh, Lunar hey!" Sonic said while jogging over to Leo as Tails and Knuckles froze in their tracks watching the blue speedster interact with what was supposed to be a wild animal.

But instead was treating said wolf as if he was some old colleague that he hadn't met for a long time.

Leo hopped around before standing on his back paws to lick at the teen's face before effectively tackling the 16-year-old to the ground as Sonic laughed.

"Ok, stop stop!" Sonic laughed trying to get away from the overjoyed canine.

After a while, Leo got off the teen and sat down happily his tail wagging with joy as the blue teen chuckled  "I get it you missed me, but you didn't have to attack me like that," Sonic says while sitting up and wiping his face clean.
"Oh! I made new friends today well friend," he soon says as the wolf's tail stopped wagging and then tilts his head.

Sonic then got up from the ground and went over to the other two "come on, come introduce yourselves," he said enthusiastically though Knuckles seemed to stay put but Tails took the benefit of the doubt and allowed the blue blur to lead him towards the wolf.

"Lunar, this is Tails. Tails meet Lunar," Sonic says his tail wagging when Tails gave a shy wave when Leo got up and started sniffing the young fox.

Until his tail wagged then standing on his back paws he licked the young kitsune's cheek causing Tails to giggle a bit.

"It's nice to meet you too," Tails says as Leo barked happily while bouncing around with pure joy "he's happy to meet you," Sonic explained as they watched the overgrown wolf bounce around howling as his tail wagged so fast it looked like a blur.

"He seems very happy," Tails says with a nervous chuckle until Leo paused then started barking at Sonic and lightly bit his hand and pulled "oh, gotta sp-go see you guys tomorrow," Sonic says while following Leo home.
As Tails awkwardly turned his attention towards Knuckles who shrugged his shoulders just as equally confused about the situation they had just gotten themselves in with meeting Sonic.