Chapter 7

Longclaw sighed before shaking her slowly "you poor thing...you don't deserve this..." she muttered to herself before closing the door behind her.

Memories of the event flashed through her head at what she had just watched without meaning to...

Her poor little blue didn't deserve this...

"Longclaw?" a voice from the hall called her as she looked over to see Jules who looked at her worriedly "oh Mr. he- I mean...Jules, hello," she said with a slight tilt of her head "were you checking up on him? How is he?" Jules asked when the owl sighed once more.

"He's doing just fine, he seems to have finally calmed down enough to get some sleep...He used up so much of his energy," Longclaw said when Jules nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah, must have taken a lot out of him..." he said before rubbing the back of his head "actually, I was thinking about something for a while," he then added to his sentence after a while.
"Maybe we should just homeschool him until he's older, I mean. He's coming into his powers much quicker than we expected him to and...He needs to be able to defend himself as well," he continued on as he began walking with Longclaw following right after him.

"I understand sir. Then would you like for me to teach him the basic schooling while Suzen and Leo teach him the other things?" she asked "that would be nice yes," Jules answered before giving the owl a gentle smile on his face, which she returned.

"Yes sir, I'll head off somewhere and gather all the material he would be needing," she says when Jules nodded his head and then went in a separate direction from the one Longclaw was now planning to go to.

She needed to leave the house and prepare for Maurice's schooling for 4,5,6,7, and 8th grade.

-

-

After a while Maurice had slowly woken up as he whimpered alerting both Leo and Suzen as they quickly lifted their heads to look at the young hedgeling *pup, are you ok? Does anything hurt?* Leo huffed, before licking the young 9-year-old's head *how are you feeling so far pup?* Suzen growled slightly snuffling the young blue for any injuries.

When he sat up "I'm ok...but my head hurts, what happened?" Maurice asked while looking at the wolfish couple who looked at one another and then back at the child.

*Well, you see pup,* Leo whined a bit until Suzen sighed heavily *you had a breakdown pup,* she slightly frowned.

Maurice's ears lowered "i-is everyone ok..?" he asked worriedly while Leo growled slightly at his partner who got up and stretched out her legs *from here on, you will no longer be allowed to go actual school you will be homeschooled and hidden from the public eye until further notice,* she barked slightly while hopping out of the bed not answering the small child's question.
"But- but what about my friends?" Maurice asked *don't worry, you'll be able to see them agian one day pup but just know. We're only doing this to protect you ok? And yes, everyone is ok, all thanks to you pup,* Leo whined softly before licking Maurice's cheek.

When Blast finally woke up from his slumber and yawned not yet a part of what was going on or what was happening.

*Good morning Blast,* Leo turned his attention towards his son and licked his ears while Maurice stared at his blanket sad until he felt a cold nose bump into his cheek.

*Brighten up pup, we can always make new friends together, and I'm sure you'll see your old friends as well,* Leo huffed until Maurice glanced up at him "but-...why do I feel like your lying to me," he asked his eyes becoming teary.

Leo frowned before moving closer to the young blue and laid his hand on the 9y/o's shoulder.

*I'm sorry...I love you pup,* Leo huffed when Maurice hugged the Lunar tightly before he started crying as Blast snuggled into his welder.