Chapter 8

A few months had gone by, as Maurice and Blast worked on their teamwork together under the watchful eye of Leo who helped teach them better.

And during this, the two got better and better though Blast would be the one catching fish while Maurice would do the other things. It seems he's been deliberately avoiding large bodies of water when Blast was able to stand in it just fine without any trouble.

Leo, took notice of this but didn't bring it up just in case, but was wondering why the young male was avoiding the river as much as possible.

Something must have happened behind his back or when he was kidnapped at that time.

Soon, it was now a stormy night when Maurice's ear twitched slightly as he sat up which alerted both Blast and Leo who instantly became defensive until Leo lifted his head up to sniff the air until he got up *you two stay here,* he huffed softly.

*But dad-* Blast was cut off when his father lightly baped his nose with his paw causing him to wince slightly then watched his dad leave the cave with a slightly speedy trot.

"What's going on?" Maurice questioned confused as Blast shook his head *I don't know,* he huffed slightly still a bit offended by his dad's actions earlier when the young male turned his attention towards his partner.

"Maybe we should get a bed ready," Maurice says confusing the wolf who sighed *I guess,* Blast growled slightly.

"No, we will," the young male said with a smile before he got up and went to get a bed ready for whenever Leo returned.
Blast sighed then went over to help his brother out with a slight trot in his step.

Then after a while, Maurice's ears perked up as he went towards the entrance of the cave curiously when he saw Leo heading towards the cave though he wasn't alone.
There was someone leaning heavily into him with a limp *kids! Come help me quick!* he whimpered when Maurice quickly went over to the two when he noticed the person who was with him was Suzen as Blast equally followed him.

The three then led the alpha female towards the makeshift bed Maurice and Blast had made together without much work behind it though it was pretty obvious they were all worried sick as Suzen whimpered slightly.

*Mom! Are you ok? What happened?* Blast whimpered as Leo laid down beside his mate and licked her ears to help comfort him while Maurice went over to his bag to search for things that would help Suzen with her wounds.
As Blast lay by his mother's side as well while snuggling into her "here, this might help," Maurice said earning Leo's attention as he carefully helped Maurice with treating his mother's wounds. 

-

The next day had came around

When Maurice and Leo checked Suzen's wounds together, while Blast left to go hunt for some food for them all to eat until Lunar licked the young 9-year-old's cheek earning his attention.

*You're such a good kid. Thank you so much pup,* Leo huffed softly when he earned a smile "welcome Lunar, I'll go help Blast now," Maurice says while getting up and left the cave to locate where his brother was located.

Once the pair was alone Leo licked Suzen's ears as his mate leaned into his touch while relaxing which made him happy as his tail wagged with joy *our boys have been doing so well alpha,* he huffed softly, which made the alpha female's tail wag softly.
*They've been working really hard together as well,* Leo continued on telling Suzen everything that's happened over the months they've been away.

As she listened to him silently, proud of the two when after a while Maurice and Blast had returned together with big smiles on their faces as the young 9-year-old started making a fire while Blast went to his parents his tail wagging with joy.

*We caught something really big, that way you can get your energy up mom!* he huffed with pride while puffing his chest out as Lunar shook his head *thank you, son,* he pressed his muzzle against his son's chest.

-

Once the food was ready Leo had woke his mate up as Suzen lazily lifted her head to look at him as Blast brought her food over to her.

*Here, you eat first. You need to get your strength back quickly,* Leo huffed softly while nuzzling his mate as Suzen sighed before slightly moving closer to eat as Blast moved her food closer while Maurice also made sure Leo and Blast, as well as himself, got something to eat too.

Though they also wanted Suzen to get better quicker. 

-

-

Some days went by

Maurice's 10th birthday was coming up soon soo Leo and Blast were secretly planning something for the young male with their tails happily wagging with joy.

Though they did make sure the young male couldn't hear their plans with how good his hearing was so they pretended to go out hunting while Maurice took care of Suzen and helped her out with anything she would need.

This plan worked pretty well...As long as they were a good distance away from the cave and really got something to bring back to the cave or else they'd possibly receive a glare from the young 9-year-old, who was very serious about the alpha's condition and didn't appreciate being lied to.
So, they...turned their lies into truths since the young male had a pretty frightening glare that was unbelievably terrifying they don't know how but it just was.

Maybe Suzen and Longclaw taught him probably? They didn't know.

With Maurice, he had just finished patching up Suzen's wounds a soft smile on his face "you should be healed soon," he said happily when the alpha licked his cheek *thank you pup,* she huffed as her tail wagged with joy.

"Your welcome," Maurice replied when Blast and Leo had finally returned with some food their tails wagging happily.

*Pup, we're back,* Leo howled happily dropping the food he caught as Blast went over to the fire pit and sat down while his dad picked up the food he dropped before happily trotting over to his mate *And this is for you,* he huffed proudly.

This caused Suzen's tail to wag *thank you,* she lightly placed her paw onto of his as Leo leaned his head down allowing his mate to lick his cheek.

Maurice went over to Blast to get food started up a soft smile on his face as his brother scooted over to him and balanced on his hind legs to press his muzzle into the 9-year-old's cheek *thanks brother,* he huffed.