Get Out Of Here

Um so hi. 

I know that I just kind of disappeared without warning nor trace, but I assure you that I have a good reason...

Oh wait no I don't. In my defense, I did have some serious writer's block, I just didn't do anything to try to fix it like I normally would, hence why its been so long. 

I've also been a little bit lazy....... ok, ok, a lot lazy.

But good news.... I'm back now! (One single person claps slowly in the background)

Maybe I'm back, we'll see, but seriously I have no idea how often I'll be able to update. 

To @Batdyal: Thanks for asking me to finish this story, cause I also suffered from a lack of ideas and fuel to finish writing this, and your encouragement help tremendously! So,enjoy this chapter I wrote in less than 24 hours without any editing. 

TA TA FOR NOW!

- The Author

*_*

As soon as the circle of men started to close in on us, I engaged my two Escrima sticks, and jumped directly into the fight. I aimed straight for the big man, the evident leader.. He stood in the midst of the fight, slight smirk gracing his features, his eyes following Yara's each and every move. He appeared satisfied. It was almost the expression of one whose life work had just been accomplished.

I worked my way towards him. I jabbed my one of my Escrima sticks into a person's abdomen, like a spear, electrocuting him. I noticed that he held a curious sword like object, except it wasn't metal like a normal sword, it was some sort of black, hard, and shiny substance that I was unfamiliar with.

I jumped back, as one of the black swords grazed my face, right above the eyebrow. It stung, worse than it normally would. Strange.

The new challenger swiped again with his sword. This time, I was ready. I ducked under it, swinging my legs, and tripping the enemy. He fell to the ground with a thud. I stood. Then ducked forward, as I felt a gust of wind above me, signaling that someone else decided to join the fight. I kept going forward after ducking. I thrust my hands forward, making contact with the ground, till I was in a handstand. I swung my legs behind me, and flipped till I faced the man who attacked me. I dodged another swipe of the sword. I then landed a punch right in the man's face, knocking him out cold.

I turned to face back where the evident leader of the fight was. I could barely see his face through the mass of fighting people. I started to make my way towards him once more. I dodged more attacks from the strange swords, and even had to jump away from Beast Boy, who was transformed into a giant green rhinoceros. Then, I finally made it to the target.

He was tall, dark, and handsome, just like me, but way less. I need to work on this ego of mine.

To my horror, the man was grasping Yara's long red hair in his grasp. He looked angry, but with an underly hint of pleasure. Does this cruel man take pleasure in this whole ordeal? I wouldn't put it past him. After all I've seen, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

The man holding Yara hostage spoke. "You fight very well Nightwing." His voice sounded dark and cold. He smirked, obviously believing that he had won the fight.

"Let her go." I said simply and authoritatively. I raised my Escrima sticks into a defensive stance.

"You want this thing?" He asked, lifting Yara by her hair. To my surprise, she didn't scream out, she just closed her eyes for a split second before opening them again. The man continued. "She betrayed you, ya know. I wouldn't want this piece of garbage if I were you." He held a sort of playful glint in his eyes.

I couldn't believe anything he said. He was a liar plain and simple. He made a living off of his despicable lies. Just like everyone else was.

Suddenly, Yara reached her hands up, and grasped the arm of her captor. With one swift movement, she flipped him over, and he involuntary let go of her hair. She quickly stood up, and backed several paces towards me, out of the man's reach.

The man stood up. That faint hint of pleasure that was in his eyes before, was quickly replaced with anger. He closed both of his fists, and I could see a vein pop out of his forehead. "All troops, attack!" He screamed on the top of his lungs.

I looked towards Yara, who stood right next to me. Her eyes had widened. Before I could stop her, she dashed into the crowd of fighters, disappearing. I sighed. Maybe I was too quick to trust her if she had abandoned us so quickly. Although, I couldn't blame her, she was probably raised to have to only look after herself, and no one else.

I glared at the man before me. He looked so smug. I rushed at him, determined to take him down. I was immediately block from all sides by the enemy. I eyed the black swords that were aimed in my direction. I dropped on the ground to avoid one sword, only to have to roll escape another. I quickly stood. One sword sliced high on my right arm. I winced. I jumped up, kicking one man in the face, and landed, shocking another with one of my Escrima sticks. I twisted my lower body to kick another enemy behind me.

This isn't looking good.

What was that noise? There was a loud rumbling sound that echoed throughout the whole warehouse. Everyone froze, as a large garage partially opened up, just barely leaving enough room for a human being to run under.

Through the throng of people, I spotted Yara, hand on a control panel. It appeared that she had opened the door. Even I stood several hundred feet from where she was, I could see that she was clutching her lower left arm.

She had gotten hurt so that she could give us a change.

I decided to take the opportunity of the frozen enemy. I took a couple out before they snapped back to attention and fought back. I worked my way towards the door, taking down each challenger one by one.

That's when I heard Yara's voice echo through the mindlink. "Everyone get out of here now!"