Well, I was spoilt a little by our riches.

Karl, our mid aged butler greeted me as I walked into our home.

My feet clinked against the marble flooring which matched the colour of our high walls.

I smiled at him and thanked him as he took my backpack to my room upstairs.

I made my ways towards my parents room which was downstairs.

I lightly knocked on the heavy oak doors before walking in.

My mother was reading a book as she sat on their large bed and sipped on her tea, "Hi baby, how was college?".

"Hi mom, it was good", I said as I sat down at the foot of their bed which made her close her book.

"Did you manage to submit your assignment on time?", she raised her eyebrows and I nodded.

"Yeah, I did. Miss Mellark was happy with it. By the way, where's dad?", I spoke.

"Well, knowing what a busy man he is, he couldn't come home for lunch today. He said that he had to go meet some guy, but he'll be home for dinner", she said and I nodded.

"Alright, I'll go upstairs. See you at dinner", I said as I stood up, "I have another assignment to complete by this weekend".

"See you later, baby", she said before I closed the heavy oak doors and walked back to my room.

I climbed upstairs as I trailed my fingers over the marble railing.

This is something I've liked doing ever since I was a kid.

I pushed the heavy oak doors of my room open and was greeted by the familiar beige colour of my room.

The room which I've been living in ever since I was a kid. The room in which I've grown up.

My room was pretty simple because I didn't really like fancy stuff.

It had a large bed at the middle of the room. Large cupboards towards the left side of the room and a desk where I'd do my homework. There was a full length mirror towards the right side of my room and a mini couch and a coffee table next to the little shelf of books that I'd read. And of course the closet.

I walked towards my desk and sighed as I looked at my text book.

I wasn't a studious one at school, but I was good enough and managed to have good grades.

I sat down on my chair in front of my desk as I flipped open my text book in hopes of completing half of the assignment by dinner.

.

.

.

I walked downstairs after Karl told me that dinner was ready and that my dad was back home.

"Hi sweetheart", my dad said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Hi dad", I said as I pecked his cheek.

We sat down on our dining table that was laid out as we served ourselves, making small talk about our respective day during dinner.

"Baby, do you have an extra class tomorrow?", my dad asked as Karl took our empty utensils away.

"Nope, dad. I have just the regular classes", I said as I sipped on my glass of water.

"Okay, that's good because we'll be meeting with a friend of mine and his family over dinner tomorrow evening", he said as he looked between my mom and I.

"Who? The one whom you met this afternoon?", my mom asked and dad nodded.

"Well, I went over to his company to meet him, but he was busy. So he wanted to make it up for being ignorant to me by taking us out for dinner", my dad said.

Wow.

I can just focus on some really good food other than just catching up with dad's friend and his family.

"Alright, don't stay up too late. Good night, baby", mom said as she pecked my cheek.

"Good night, baby", dad said as he ruffled my hair.

I didn't feel like I'm twenty one.

In fact, I felt like a kid.

"Good night, mom and dad", I said before walking upstairs to my room.

I got ready for bed as I crawled onto my cozy bed and pulled the covers right up to my face.

I scrolled through my phone as I read a few texts that I received earlier today from my classmates.

Some texts were regarding the assignment. Whereas, other texts were invitations for their house parties.

I plugged my phone into its charger as I placed it on my bedside table.

I pulled the covers back up as I inhaled deeply before falling into a peaceful slumber.

_

A/N:

Well, this is the first chapter and I already feel like this is a mess.

I'm sorry! I'll try and make the next chapter a better one!

Also, I just thought that maybe
Rocio Crusset
would kind of fit in as Jade.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️