13 : TWO AND ONE EQUALS 2

~~ CLARRISA ~~

I woke up to cold water splashed on my face .
I woke up with a jerk , shocked by sudden coolness seeping through my once beautiful linen garment now a rag .
It had gaping holes everywhere . I sighed in defeat . There was dull pain in my back , as if bitten by any ant .
The painful memories of last night came rushing in.
I controlled my tears from flowing like a river .
I shut my throat tight and my eyes even tighter , creasing my forehead trying to control my tear ducts .
I sat up and counted tiles to kill the time .

" Stand up whore . Pharaoh send you these weapons and this little ration till tomorrow night .
He has thus special message left for you .
Don't even try to escape . I'll chase you down from every corner of earth . I swear on my life .
Don't forget these words . They're not empty threat ."
The guard said . I simply nodded.

I went towards the top of the dungeon and had shower with guards placed.
I admit , it's a bit weird .

Imhotep made his way towards me .

" Nefertiti?"

" Yeah ?"

" for your sake , I've known the place where Amunet is kept . Take this . " he said as he gave me a scroll .

" how? How did you get it ?"

" I had been visited by Gods in my dreams and told me about it ." I looked at him like he had lost his head .

" Imhotep , I know you care for me but this , this can't be it ." I tried explaining him .

" what is wrong in trying ?"

" Wrong In  trying ? Imhotep  that Pharaoh is a lost case .he tortured me , what makes you think he'll not snap my neck in two pieces like a twig ." I reasoned .

" please say you'll try it , for me." He pouted .

" Fine ." I sighed and smiled and hugged him .

" you're like a dad to me Imhotep ." tear made its way .

" I'll do that if you want me to search it ."

The guard came with Crescent shaped small knife  and potions .

" this is to be used only when necessary . I'll be watching you ." The guard ordered . I nodded .

He came with what I've to wear .
I wore it . With hidden belt to hide my weapons and potion .

" Come with Princess Amunet or don't come at all ." The guard scoffed .
I nodded .
In my life of 25 years never have I ever killed a fly , yet here I'm equipped with scary and Frightening sword .
I swallowed bile in my throat .

The sun was shining brightly . I was called in for weapons and food ration and a little glass bottle which screamed poison .
I was only allowed to have it in the worst scenario.

I made my way out to the palace .
I made my way to the banks of Nile and rented a boat to go to lower kemet .
Why were they entrusting me the princess Amunet's security .

I looked at the people working on their fields , some were harvesting their crops .
I ran my fingers in the cold crystal clear blue water , my fingers making little circles in the waters and throwing stones in the water , the stone making rippling effect .
I felt the moist breeze spanning on my face and my loose curls flowing astray .

After 7 hours I reached the dock . It was night .
My thing was to rescue the princess and make her return home safely and of course not getting hurt and not end up being dead .

I went inside this little dockyard , picking my stuff .
I walked in through the rocky way , my eyes awestruck to the bazaar .
Woman running about and shopkeepers selling the things of daily use .