6: ANGER

~~ CLARRISA ~~

I woke up from my deep sleep . I stretched my arms and legs and felt in sweet pain.

" good you're awake Nefertiti. " Khaira said while picking up clothes from this sliver box

" are you going somewhere?"
I asked her .

" I'm not, we are going home . " she informed .

" home? Aren't we home ? "
I asked her puzzled

" This is our second home . We have main home in Memphis . We come here every 6 months . To offer prayers . " she explained .

" you better hurry up , we're leaving when Ra is shining the brightest. "

Oh I better hurry up .
I did my daily hygiene routine . Egypt was really nice . I mean the house was cold from inside , as compared to scorching heat outside . The courtyard was sprinkled with water to keep heat at the bay . Incense was used for fragrance and not to forget Perfumes .

Khaira told me that their main house in Memphis is a sight for the sore eyes .
Women during those days had certain rights and privileges . In the Old Kingdom wealthy women often owned an own household. There were working men and women side by side and it is not uncommon to find in the stuff of a women's household other women with administrative titles.
Women could even be at the head of a business as, for example, the lady Nenofer of the New Kingdom, and could also be a doctor, like the lady Peseshet during the Fourth dynasty of Egypt.
This was so fascinating.
At noon , we reached harbour .

My heart was saying to have a dip in Nile , I controlled my self somehow .

" dear Nefertiti give your belonging to Aa. " Imhotep said to me .
I nodded and gave him my bag .

He kept my bad plus Khaira and Nefasa's bag too .
I think he was a personal servant .
What I liked about this family was they are very much polite even after holding power and position .

Aa led us to the ship .
Ship was very beautiful and it had 2 rooms inside . And a third room which I suppose is a bathroom .
I really needed to relive myself . I went in the washroom . It was like a modern washroom but it had hole which emptied in a big box . I guess it had to be thrown away . Ewwww .
It took 2 weeks to reach Memphis .

It was breathtaking . It had various shops where shopkeepers were urging people to buy their things .
I went to one of the shops .
" exotic thing for exotic and beautiful lady like you ." The shopkeeper said.

I chuckled at it .

" what is this ?"

" it is a lucky charm from Hittite " the shopkeeper said .

"Ahem did I not tell you , our relation with Hittite in strained so we are not to sell anything from that nation . " Imhotep said

" Forgive me my lord . I thought peace was finally welcomed . "

" no it is not . "

One soldier came running to Imhotep carrying a scroll .

" High Priest . Pharaoh demands your presence. "
" okay , I'll be there ."

" who is she my lord ? " the solider ask eyeing me .

I hid behind Khaira .
" she's our guest . " Khaira told him.

" Yes my Lady . "

" Love we better hurry . We don't want to Upset the Pharaoh . " Khaira said .