50 - Thanksgiving

"Willow! Don't you dare read that!" I screamed at her running down the corridor of the thankfully fully woken house. My tangled mess of blonde hair was falling down my shoulders as it fell out from the failure of a bun I tried to make as my eyes weren't even fully functioning yet. Barefoot I chased Willow down the empty hall in nothing but pajama pants with a hole on the knee after using them way too much but refusing to throw them away and a loose white shirt that I'm pretty sure I got from Noah's closet a while back.

From my slight daze, I managed to see Willow lying in bed with my phone in her hand. She tilted her head that rested on the pale yellow pillow in her bed. "What's this?" She asked, making me blink in slight confusion. Squinting my eyes I was my lock screen and saw that it said 14 unread messages from Andrew.

With wide eyes, I sat up and reached for my phone. Even if Willow was aware of mine and Andrews situation didn't mean it wasn't embarrassing if she saw what we wrote to each other. Why had he even sent 14 messages? Willow was quick up on her feet and had opened the door, running away from me with my phone.

I don't understand how a small girl like her could run so fast but I could just see how she was already taken a turn to the stairs with her light blue nightgown flowing behind her. I don't understand how she can dress well even when going to bed. Following behind I ran down the stairs just as she was at the bottom at the stairs. She was letting out high pitched screams as I chased her.

"Willow get back here!" I screamed, running past Teddy as he walked out through the kitchen followed by Cole and Trevor. As I got into the living room where my aunts and uncles along with dad and grandma were sitting Willow the insane girl ran out of the house through the livingrooms glass doors to the backyard which was a little patio with a big grass field with the forest and creek in the back and to the left a big apple tree.

Without thinking of how cold it might be this early autumn morning I ran out barefoot after her around the house.

"What the fuck!" I screamed in shock as my feet landed on the ground that was just so slightly wet and completely and utterly ice cold. I could hear Willows burst of laughter that just seemed to get further and further away. Just as I took a turn to the front of the house I hear Willows also barefoot feet getting up on the potch. The door opened and closed behind it kind of hard as she hurried to get away. My jaw dropped though when I heard her lock the door just as I got to the porch.

"Willow you little shit!" I screamed, yanking in the handle as I heard her and the guys laughing inside. I let my shoulders fall and let out a frustrated sigh. Thinking about it I would say running back to the back of the giant house would be my best option, but that would also mean I had to run through the grass of hell.

Getting my hands up to my mouth I warmed them up a little with the heat of my breath before making a run for it to the back. I let out a shriek as I made a run for the back. Getting up on the wooden deck area I yanked in the glass doors where Willow, Noah, Trevor, Teddy, and Cole was standing close to, blocking any view of anything on the inside to the living room. Noah had his camera in his hand which didn't help my situation. Yanking in the door again I tried to get in but it was locked. Now see this is what sucks about being the youngest. It's always me that's the victim in things.

"Oh Willow, boys let her in" I heard grandma say "It's cold outside"

And there we have the perks. The parent's sympathy vote.

Willow was the first to take a step forward as I was hugging myself, jumping from foot to foot to try and stay warm somehow. Once it was unlocked I hurried inside and jumped on Willow.

"Give me my phone!" I said on her back making her stumble from the sudden weight and for her to fall right onto the carpet. We both started laughing but I was still on the hunt after my phone.