25 - Nutcracker

Walking out on the big field for PE with Nichole jumping after me while tying her shoe the fresh air hit me. It was starting to get a bit chilly in the air and I now regret not putting on a hoodie for this class.

"I really think it should be illegal to have PE outside when it's cold outside. Isn't that a rule or something?" Nichole asked as she struggled with her shoelace as she couldn't tie it. "Oh my god, this stupid shit" She muttered making me laugh ahead.

The field was surrounded by a track which looked as dreadful as was probably going to be running around it. I stopped and turned around to face Nichole as she had stopped to tie her shoe as hugged me to get the cold air piercing my skin away. Thankfully it was the last class of the day so after this, we could all just go home. I really did enjoy indoors gym class a lot better than outside considering when it was indoors there was usually a lot more games than running until sweat was dripping and you had the urge to puke.

She finally tied her shoelace that took way too long. I continued backing up as she walked towards me until my back collided with someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorr- Andrew?" I asked confused as to why he was here. I looked at him and saw that he was dressed in gym clothes as well. In response, he gave me a small smirk making me narrow my eyes.

"What where you going," I said in irritation of his look making him laugh.

"You are aware that you're the one walking backward right?" He asked me with a smile of amusement. I tried to square up to his tall frame which was a pathetic attempt.

"Well if you would have looked then maybe you could have just not walked right there"

"So it's my fault?" He raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

"Sweetheart I think you just can't get enough to me," He said, his cocky smirk returning.

"You said it yourself: I was walking backward" I shot back "What are you even doing here?" I said and really took in his appearance. He had a dark green t-shirt on with black shorts on which made me wonder if he was freezing his ass off as much as I was. When I reached his face again I shook my head as I realized it must have looked like I was checking him out.

"They had to bring our classes together so you're stuck with me," He said.

"Great," I said dryly and walked off with Nichole, not looking back at Andrew.

° ° °

"Good job everyone! Now for the rest of class were playing soccer" Groans and cheers erupted on the field as we laid half dead from running five laps around the running track. I was actually one of the ones that cheered because for ones it's something that I'm okay at.

When I was younger that was the only sport my brothers would let me participate in. I always wanted to play football and baseball with them but they never let me and now thinking about it, it's probably a good thing considering how rough they played soccer. They used to run away with the ball, trip me, dribble, and even to the point where they tackled me which ended in me crying and mom screaming at them to stop being mean and to be gentle while playing with me.

They only laughed in my face as I face planted to the ground as they dribbled the ball around me.

I stopped playing with them at the age of eight after I learned my lesson.

That's probably why I never took up a sport either. Because I kind of gave up on spots altogether and started singing and dancing instead.

When it was time to chose teams I stood between Simon Adam and Nichole. Nichole, Adam and I were panting like crazy from just jogging around the track which Simon got a good laugh from. Luke was in this class too making running just a bit worse when he wanted to make it into a stupid race which he won with ease. When I finally was done he had already almost gotten back his energy and lifted me in the air making my irritation grow. He just laughed it off and flicked my hair in my face that was tied up into a ponytail.