15 - On stage

My blood was pumping just standing here. This was a dream come true. There was a crowd that felt like thousands, probably just a couple of hundreds. In the background, there was a lot of activity going around at the fair which calmed a little. I held onto the side of the wall harder as I peeked my head out, even more, to get a better glimpse at everything before going on stage. I got yanked back by Noah making my grip on the wall go away.

"Come on. Zac wants everyone gathered together before we go on stage" Noah said and together we walked over to where everyone was gathering before the show that was just about to start. I stood next to Nichole and Simon and gave Nichole a little squeeze on the shoulders as I noticed how she was bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Is that all?" Zac asked and after we all looked around the room to find someone missing he started talking when we saw that everyone was here. "Okay, everyone! We have all worked very hard and me and the other teachers are highly impressed by how professional you all have been and how much easier you make our jobs by just being good at what you all do" Zac said earning little laughs and proud smiles from us "Even if this is for the school as promotion it is a great opportunity for you all as well. This is some fantastic practice for being on stage in louder audiences which I know can be very nervewracking considering it's life without anything to give your voices a boost. Just know that even if you miss a note or forget a dance more to just try and get back into it. We are all human. So let's go out there and have fun" Zac ended and we all got our hands in and together counted to three to throw our hands in the air.

First comes the group dance which we have gone over soo many times by now that I feel like I could do this dance in my sleep. There were still some minutes before we all had to jump out on stage so we all took a seat around the place backstage that was actually pretty cozy in a way. It was very spacey but it did have some couches and chairs and tables along with water bottles and fruits on them. I sat down in Coles lap on a couch and rested my head on his chest.

"Excited?" Cole asked me and I smiled and looked up at him.

"Of course"

"You're not afraid of failing?"

"A little"

"Don't worry Marble. The worst thing that could happen is that you black out on stage or trip and fall and break a bone or your pants fall off or-" Luke butted in. but got interrupted thankfully because now my worry just went up.

"You're not helping," Cole said giving Luke a death glare.

Smiling brightly Luke scooped me up in his arms "It's going to be alright. You have nothing to worry about!" He said trying to convince me the opposite of what he just said. "If you fall or drop your pants I promise you I will take off my pants or fall with you," He said earning a laugh from me. He put me down and we all walked over to the stage to get in place to go on stage. After Zac went out on stage and talked about the school and what was going to happen there was a moment of silence before the music started that seemed to last forever but till last the music started playing and the first group went out of the stage.

The crowd went wild as we danced and it all felt like one big adrenaline rush. Running back backstage I had to hurry because it was me and my brothers up next which I kinda hate the teachers for because I didn't want to go out so early but I did have my brothers there with me and they always seemed to make me feel so comfortable on stage. It may have to do with the fact that we have always performed together and was one of the few things that we all had in common.