hyunjin coughed again, making jeongin look at him.

jeongin placed his hand on hyunjin's forehead and cursed softly, "shit, you're burning up."

"i'll go downstairs and prepare you something to eat." jeongin announced.

"you? gonna cook in my kitchen?" hyunjin teased as jeongin hit him playfully.

"at least i wash my hands first before cooking." jeongin teased making hyunjin blush.

"that was one time!"

"and at least i don't spill pasta sauce everywhere."

"that was jisung."

"or touch a burning hot-"

"okay, okay i get it." hyunjin laughed as he shooed his nurse away.

"go prepare me something delicious."

jeongin gave him a thumbs up, "damn right i will."

hyunjin, with a fond smile watched jeongin waddle down the stairs as he went to the kitchen.

the two have grown super close with each other, he liked how cute and genuine jeongin was. he liked how the younger would just light up his world with his beautiful smiles and hyunjin thought it was the most beautiful thing ever.

he liked how sweet he was, one time, hyunjin failed a quiz on history and jeongin cheered him up with a strawberry cupcake. or when they were facetiming and jeongin's dad called to check in on him.

hyunjin watched the younger blush heavily as he listened to his dad and cutely told him he was talking to someone else.

he was adorable, jeongin always placed cute post-it notes on his locker door every morning to remind him of stuff and a cute ❤ in the end. how the younger always gave him iced tea (not iced coffee cause that brought back memories) to drink.

and now, he felt his heart beating loud and he doesn't want it to stop.

he liked how jeongin dropped everything to take care of him.

he liked how jeongin looked beautiful wearing the nurse's hat and the obnoxious first aid kit.

hyunjin liked him.

"shit." hyunjin cursed in realization as it dawned onto him what he just said.

he liked jeongin.

there was no turning back from it now.

he quickly grabbed his phone from the nightstand and opened it to reveal his lockscreen.

it was seungmin. he was smiling widely in the picture, (coincidentally he also had red hair in this photo) and hyunjin found himself smiling at it.

'no no jinjin no. you can't like innie. he's just playing the part. it's all pretend for him. you like seungmin.' he told himself.

'did you just call yourself jinjin? oh god.' hyunjin cringed to himself.

it slipped his mind that jeongin was his fake boyfriend. not his real boyfriend. technically, hyunjin was single.

"hey! i'm here, sorry it took so long i couldn't find all the stuff i needed in your giant kitchen." jeongin laughed as he entered the room with a tray in his hands with a hot bowl of chicken soup.

the action made hyunjin's heart soar.

'seungmin never did this before.'

"i'm sure uhmm seungmin was a better cook than me but i tried my best." jeongin said proudly.

"seungmin was not that much of a cook, he wasn't gifted like you." hyunjin chuckled as he took a sip of the soup.

fuck. it was good.

jeongin's eyes sparkled at the comment, mentally patting his own back for one-upping his 'competition'.

"really? what was seungmin like?"

hyunjin pursed his lips, "don't say his name too much. just uhmm call him hyung. i don't like hearing his name."

jeongin looked down embarrassed, "r-right sorry, i- i didn't know."

hyunjin waved him off, "nah it's fine don't worry. and as for what he was like..."

--

thought y'all deserve a double update uwu.

anyways, i have like plots for future works that i wanna do and like idk what to start on after this book.

i narrowed it down to my top three:

- coup d' etat
(hyunin)
wherein crowned prince yang jeongin goes on to save his kingdom from the dead man society that was threatening to overtake it. along the way he meets a thief named sam hwang.

- pinky promise / getaway car [working titles]
(changlix)
wherein lee felix is a boy that grew up with a strong religious background but he can't help but catch feelings for a certain dark haired boy.
a prequel to this fic as you could say but it focuses more on changlix. about their past and all.

- look what you made me do / i did something bad [working titles]
(hyunsung)
wherein hyunjin decides to get revenge on the person that bullied him everyday by making him fall in love with him so he could break his heart, the target? han jisung.

(also can y'all like help me decide with a title for these? thanks).

please tell me what you guys wanna see next!! thank you!!

- ferds