18

Heaven took shape in the voice of my professor sounding across the room, "You are dismissed," and I stand, unable to hear whatever else he was saying as I escape the class

Relief for being free from university for the remainder of the day was not enough to wash away the stress of midterms gnawing at every corner of my mind. As I make my way out, my phone buzzes with a sound of a call.

I assume for the quickest second it's Jeongguk as my hopes are lifted before seeing the absence of the letters of his name on my phone screen, reminding me of the busy schedule both of us have been lost within lately, I let out a frustrating sigh.

The familiar crowd waiting at the bus stop causes me to sigh again, being in no mood for the stuffy atmosphere in the large vehicle yet eager to reach my bed as quickly as possible. As if the day couldn't get worse, I find no buses towards the dorms in the next hour, making another negative thought find a comfortable seat over the already large pile in my head.

Flickering my gaze up and down the street, my eyes rest upon a row of city bikes open for the public, usually for tourist conveniences, but I find my feet already choosing the option for me as I walk towards one.

The chill of autumn air kisses my skin and the trees shiver overhead, as their tinted leaves meet the concrete ground my wheels ride over as I cycle. I allow for my brain to afford the moment to wander off, as the busy ambience of cars and pedestrians blur into the nostalgia of home, in Europe, in Holland.

The rest doesn't last long as I'm awoken by a familiar figure running ahead of me. I continue observing the way his hair bounces with each jog and his shirt falling loosely against his structured back, as memories dawn through my mind in the form of events I have tried to ignore since their occurrence. I stare longer, and the absence of my concious to my surrounding suddenly results in my loss of balance as I tip to my side, almost hitting strangers before my legs hold me from collapsing on the floor.

My quick apologies to no one in particular are interrupted when I'm met with a pair of charming eyes belonging to someone I recognised only moments ago. Then comes that smile, although this time, it feels much warmer rather than the teasing expressions in our first encounter. The friendliness of his current aura sounds through his soft voice, "Layla, I didn't expect to see you here. You remember me, right?"

"Jimin," I breathe out, "I still have you shirt," I blurt, "and your boxers," recalling the morning I met him before shutting my mouth.

A chuckle escapes him, and his eyes curve into crescents, making me smile, feeling the tension lift from my shoulders from the simple gesture. He pauses for a moment, gazing at me somewhat intently.

"Hey you want to get some coffee?" He asks, slightly tilting his head to the side.

A simple nod speaks over my screaming mind telling me to be studying, yet Jimin responds with a toothy smile, hiding his orbs behind the joy and I give in.