11

Jeongguk's Prov

Jeongguk's Prov.

"Never have I ever," a girl starts then pauses, "said an 'I love you' without meaning it."

"Well someone's feeling sentimental." Someone chuckles mockingly. Nonetheless, some lids open and the game proceeds. The ambience of the bar was starting to shift, everyone sitting around in a circle, voices and laughter growing louder by the minute as the alcohol begins to kick in.

I'm still at ease, it's the fourth round of this game, and I hadn't taken a shot yet.

I stretch my neck from left to right, then up and look at the ceiling, recalling when I confessed to one girl I began to love, and then the few months after it took for me to get over. Was it really love I was feeling?

Why am I thinking so hard on this? I shake my head along with the thought away.

Meanwhile next to me, Layla takes a mouthful of the juice for the first time during the game. I watch as her face grimaces when swallowing it, just like she had from the beer earlier. Even I had a bitter taste still hanging around in my throat from when I drank the rest in her cup.

"Alright guys lemme have this last one," Bobby puts his hand up, "never have I ever..." leaning forward he rest his elbows on his knees, then turns his head to look at Layla, "fantasised about someone." He smirks.

His eyes gleam as they lock onto hers, a look I was too familiar with on boys and knew very well what hid behind it.

Lust.

"Seriously?" Layla scoffs, "who hasn't?" finishing her bottle and setting it down almost triumphantly on the coffee table.

"I'd love to hear those fantasies of yours sometime." Bobby whispers this and continues to stare, as he hands Layla another mini bottle, taking the empty one away from her hands. My jaw clenches unconsciously as I make an effort to hold back from intervening, while eyeing her flick the lid open and drink half of it.

Raising my arm, I rest it behind Layla on the back of the couch and sigh disappointment while she sighs in content, despite the apparent shudder I feel against the side of my chest as her body leans closer to me.

"So are we doing 'Truth or Dare' or '7 minutes in Heaven' next?" Christy calls out over the hubbub, holding up an empty, glass bottle. Her eyes waver over me and then look back and stay on my face, "Jeongguk, what do you want?"

Why me?

The noise of the bar diminishes as twenty or so pairs of eyes in the circle gradually fall on me, awaiting my response. I catch even Bobby's narrow gaze on me.

As if on cue to my thought on her, she speaks up for me, "How about both? 'Truth and Dare' while—" she hiccups, "the couple are in spending their 7 minutes together?"