I also remember how bad I wanted Nassiah to leave it be, how bad I saw my mother want my father to leave it be. How bad I watched Mac explain to Nassiah he wasn't meant for this or Tas'hania talk to Donnie while he was locked- I never wanted to put someone through that.

   "Hello?" I answered being snapped out of my thoughts as I held the phone to my ear- screaming came through the phone and I pulled it away whining slightly.

    "It's me and Tas'hania's year and I'm so so so scared" Melanie whined on the phone I heard the noise of her hanging up then soon her FaceTime call came through I answered it and saw a snooty nose Melanie with tears down her face.

   "Mane- isn't making a year pose to be happy?" I asked scrunching up her face she nodded as she blew into the tissue.

   "I'm excited- I love her so much, but what if she's tried of me? Or wants to leave? Or doesn't like her gift" she explains pushing back her hair and I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Tas'hania and Melanie's relationship was adorable, Melanie was shy and Tas'hania wasn't at all- they evened each other out. With Tas'hania not watching over Nassiah I realized how much the two are alike. Tas'hania got defensive quick as hell, and jealous easy as hell. I had to bail her out twice due to fights or threats. But my best friends were happy so that made me happy none the less.

    "I'm sure she'll love it"I responded as Melanie continued to vent.

  "I haven't seen her all week- she's been super busy and won't even let me come over" she said sadly. I already knew this because Melanie bugged me and Alex all week. I met Alex when I got back from Atlanta- I was down in Atlanta for maybe 3 months, I started school online- my fathers girlfriend encouraged me to do that. But I also was selling for the first time in my life that lasted two months. Not as much hype as I thought. But when I came out to my dad he called me out my name way to many times for me to stay down there and it was good, I almost became a fucking gang banger.

    The parlor was to make extra cash along with working with Keem. I also loved tattoos they told peoples stories, Alex was the owner and we both had our own problems- him being new out here I showed him around and I guess the rest was history. We've been together for almost two years now; I still never told him anything, not about my father not much about me really. I helped other people so it was naturally easier to avoid the topic of my problems he also never brought it up so in many ways our relationship was stressless. I went to school to get a child development degree and I was in my last year, I worked at the center for kids  in the hood. I helped them with at home problems, helped them stay motivated, find jobs, something to do- like a boys and girls center type shit. I loved it.

    "Wait wait she's calling me imma call you back" Melanie said and with that she hung up leaving me to get ready for my day.

.................................

  "Corny, you're so corny" Maurice mumbled as me, Him and Reign sat at five guys eating.

   "I think it's petty you don't like him" reign said agreeing with me. Maurice psychology degree wasn't helping him anymore- the boy didn't know how not to pry on peoples life- including mine. For the past three years he's been saying 'I'm holding in to much and it's gonna crush me' then I started dating Alex he was okay with at first- then he started hating the dude out of nowhere

    "He's self centered as hell" Maurice argued. "He barely knows or cares what you're doing- but tends to be possessive as hell" he pointed out again. "But y'all in love right?" He commented sarcastically. I rolled my eyes drinking my root beer before looking over at reign for help. I met reign two years ago through Maurice we all went to college together.

"I think you two are just opposites, I admit I never thought you'd last this long either" reign butted in making me smack my lips.

"Two years and ain't no I love you too- I think Your heart is telling you something listen to it" Maurice added and I exhaled. I could love Alex he's sweet, I mean he gives good head his parents are good people. My father liked him, he hated kids but I think it was because his mom had so many . I could see myself settling down with him. But I couldn't love him because I was still keeping so much about myself from him- he only knew what I allowed him too.

"Love take times- it doesn't come on clocks" I added and I knew Maurice wanted to say something but he dropped it.

"Anyway! I think I want another tattoo you wanna do it?" She asked and I nodded my mind still thinking about how they all highkey dragged my love life.

    .............................

- boring ass chapter but yk I missed writing in my babies p.o.v

-and I also miss them seeing each other so they gotta do a lil bump into each other yktv

  - I wrote this and realized I probably update this shit to much.