Chapter 14

I wasn't able to sleep all night. Dr. Robert showed up around five in the morning and has been checking on her. She seemed to be dehydrated. Other than that she remained fine, but that didn't calm me one bit.

Omer just sat across from me in the kitchen.  His tie undone and his sleeves pushed up, somehow making him more attractive than usual. Dr. Robert entered the kitchen with a sincere smile.

"She's fine. Just a little drained. Let her rest and make sure she eats something."

"I will. Thank you, Robert."

"As for you. I expect to see you in my office soon. You can't keep avoiding check ups in your condition."

I grit my teeth. "I'll go when I have time. Goodbye, Robert." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'll be on my way." He got the message and rushed out. He wouldn't dare jeopardize the hefty Verdell donation for his clinical research.

I eyed Omer. I knew he wanted answers I couldn't give. So I found my own escape route. "I'm going to check on Chole."

Before I had time to turn to leave he left first, mad. Very mad. It seems like his patience has run thin.

I hestiated in knocking on the door. Maybe I should let her rest. If I do then I definitely won't be at peace with myself until I see her somewhat okay. Making my decision I knocked and didn't wait for a response before entering the guest room.

She has her back against the headboard, sitting up, hugging her knees. "Hi." I whispered.

She forced a small smile. "Hi."

"I would ask how you're feeling, but I'm sure the answer is fine. I've said that enough times to know you're anything but fine."

She nodded confirming my theory. "Thanks. For the room. The doctor. I promise I'll leave first thing in the morning."

I sat myself on the edge of the bed. "I don't mind you being here. I know you've had a rough night. But I would really like a little honesty here. If that's not too much to ask." She nodded in agreement for me to continue. "Do you any family?" She shook her head. "Did you before?" She shook her head. "Do you have a home to go to?" She shook her head yet again. We just stared at eachother. No matter how curious I am I didn't want to burden her anymore with my questions. "Rest. And please stay, at least for breakfast." I said not wanting to risk her running off into the night.

I was careful with closing the door behind me. I immediately called Andrea and told her to bring me Chole's file. The same file I have yet to review. There's no way for me to go to sleep now. It's five thirty in the morning. I'm supposed to be in hair and makeup at four for my red carpet debut. Then I have to rush backstage for my runway comeback.

It took Andrea a few hours to reach the mansion. I remained in my clothes from yesterday. I had no idea where all my things were placed. She seemed a little surprised to find me at Omer's house, but I shook it off.

"Here's the file you asked for." She handed me the folder. "And the only place I could get to open so early is a store at the mall called Sins Wear." She handed me the shopping bag. I sit down the folder in my hand and take a look at the outfit. A long leather skirt with high slit. And an oversized crop top. Great. Just great. "I know it isn't best, but it was the best I could find-"

"It's fine. I'll just look like a cheap golddigger. I can't be photographed in this. What time will Zana's design arrive?"

"At noon."

"Make sure, they bring it here and not at my house. I have a little sitution here."

"Sure thing."