Chapter 11

I didn't hear from him. Not even a single thank you. The feelings of hurt was still there. I did whatever I could to push them away. Omer should know that I don't deserve this. But I continued my week with my head held high. I will learn tonight how my interview of lies have affected me.

Tonight is the annual Summons ball. Only those worth more than five hundred million are allowed to attend. It's very prestige, and very exclusive ball. All of us get together once a year and donate to our choice of foundations or schools. Once we pledge the pleadgees honor our donation in different forms. The Verdells' have always pledged their support to Cancer research, but this year I will pleadge my funding to Congenital Malformations research.

I knew for a fact that Omer would be attending. He was on the list. I didn't bother to call him to confirm though. Ultimately it was his choice if he wanted to attend with me.

I let the glam squad prepare me for the ball. I wore this beautiful royal stain blue gown. the slit was high enough to still be considered classy and the off the shoulders design gave it a very royal edge to it.

My necklace was borrowed from the Alexander Chan. He's a magnificent Jeweler whose exclusivity perceives him. He will not allow anyone, but a handful of people wear his Vault designs. Luckily for me I was one of those people. I am currently wearing the  'Winter's Blue Queen' necklace. It was recently named the world's most expensive piece. The worth of it being three hundred twenty million dollars.

It was truly gorgeous. Alexander was very protective of his pieces which is why he has ten guards protecting it on whoever wears it. They are also the only ones who can put it on my neck and take it off. The electronic design in the back makes it impossible for  anyone to steal.

In total with Marcus, Omer's secruity team, and Alexander's. I had fifteen guards escorting me to the event. We had to go in a luxury van. There was no way we could fit my gown in a limo, and them in a regular car. Two police cars escorted us from the front and from behind. This necklace is probably more than my life to Alexander and he takes extreme precautions to protect it.

The van stops on the red carpet. half of the secruity team exits to make sure the perimeters are clear. Once they are, they motion for me to exit. I hear the screams and the flashing of cameras as I am protected from view when they form a circle around me. Cops on each side of them.

Once I know I'm in front of the photographers ready for pictures, they open up and step a few feet aside. The crowds go crazy. This is such an exclusive event, only the most important are allowed to attend. Once I brush the necklace with my finger tips I hear the gasps of the reporters. The cameras feverishly snap shot after shot.

I was smiling and posing for the cameras. I was actually enjoying it. No questions being shouted about Omer and Veronica. Or even my ex. The interview worked. I was about to let out a breath of relief, but then I saw them coming onto the red carpet. Omer and Veronica. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt the cameras flash even faster. Trying to catch my reaction, but I kept my facade of a smile on. I saw him place his hand on the small of her back as she looked nervously at him. They just announced to the world their true relationship. How could I even begin to cover this up. I needed to get a hold of Tina.

I felt humiliated. The questions were being thrown at me as Omer pretended that I wasn't just a few feet away from him. I've had enough. I made my way inside. Bodyguards recognized me immediately and let us in. The grand ball room was esqiuste this year, but I didn't care. My eyes are glued to the entry way, waiting for them to make their appearance known.

They both came in. She scanned the room until her eyes landed on mine. I could see her internal struggle when she put her head down in shame. I knew right then that maybe she wasn't as bad as I thought she was. At least she had some shame. That didn't make her any less at fault though. I was hoping Omer would take a look at me, but he didn't. He was purposely ignoring me.